Sign in to follow this  
jsg0813

Chaseplane & P3d v4 Crash

I also had CTD a few days ago after 12h fliying :angry: the PMDG 744 on P3D v4. At the time of this reply I had an app failure again and stop working but fortunately P3D didn't crash and seems I'll finally get my destination. CP made a crash log .txt file which already sent to the oldprop staff. Hopefully this will help to solve this annoying issue.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Nothing seems to prevent this from crashing my p3d. Just re-crashed after 2 minutes from landing, as usual from outside to cockpit view. I'll try to complete a flight without using views. Super-annoying issue.

My P3D V4 doesn't crash but there is defently another memory leak in the latest experimental release.

Chaseplane starting at 100 Mb memory usage and after 1 hour it already creaped up to 270. Eventually it will crash.

If you are experiencing crashes with Advanced Features disabled, the issue is not with ChasePlane. We are sending basic data through SimConnect using traditional methods. That alone will not cause a P3D CTD. We use the exact same methods and data we used since v0.1.0.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi All,

Perhaps someone can help with this one...

I use Chase Plane (Stable not experimental) with P3DV4. 

4 out of 5 times, Chase Plane fails to start up and gives the "Oops. something unexpected happened" error.

Then the Chase Plane interface seems to be all frozen. From inside the sim, the views and all works fine and camera movement according to the set preferences work fine, but if you enter the chase plane interface, it seems entirely disconnected, it does not reflect the aircraft type, and the green logo that signifies the connection is still red...

Anyone experienced similar problems and managed to fix it?

(P.S, i have uninstalled and reinstalled Chase Plane... makes no difference)

I have always used the experimental with no issues. Chase is constantly updating their product

On 6/16/2017 at 6:01 PM, pchimbolo said:

Me too.   TFDI + Chaseplane + 40-minutes of flight = CTD   I can't finish a flight.   Has anyone seen any confirmation from either TFDI or FSFX on this issue?

Thought it was just me. I haven't been able to complete a TFDI 717. The last 4 flight all crash when changing views and its always when I am a good hour or more into a flight. The sim will freeze when changing views then a few seconds later P3Dv4 will close and I get a message that says chase plane has stopped responding.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

We are aware of that issue bit has been confirmed that the issue occurs even without ChasePlane.

Most likely something in the P3D code. Check this week if it was fixed in 4.1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I don't know but I have using CP since the beginning and never had big trouble apart the crash everytime I quit P3D.

But today after takeoff with PMDG 747 in P3D 4.1 changing the view it hangs the simulator and stays frozen until I close it.

P3DV4.1 with ChasePlane bad statters and low frames ...without ChasePlane install I got high frames and smooth performance...I did not have this problem with the previous P3D v4.. 

Having same issue with latest version on final approach and attempting to change view. 

I like this product but may uninstall until stable. 

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Same problem for me too.

Everything will be fine for about 10-20 minutes into a flight. I can change camera positions within the flight deck smoothly, but then it seems to get 'Stuck' and I can't change any position. Then after a minute or so it will completely FREEZE my entire computer!! I can't move the mouse, change screens, open up task manager, or anything. Today I was in the middle of the FS2Crew boarding process with the PMDG 737-800 when it froze. I also had GSX running and was preparing for pushback. I let it sit to see if it would come out of it's frozen state, and the GSX warning that pops up every 10 minutes "Please close door 1, remove chocks, etc" would unfreeze it for about 30 seconds only. I had to do a hard reset to get out of it.

I have ChasePlane v0.4.73 Beta Exp. Hopefully this will help find a solution. Anyone else have some ideas?

Update from last post above - current CP: v0.4.91 Beta Exp.

Over the week I tried out several things to see what could be causing the issue, conducting flights WITH CP and WITHOUT CP loaded, and looking at the results.
I did 4 flights WITHOUT CP loaded and had no problem. I flew the TFDi 717, no problems; the PMDG 747 (2 flights over 5+hrs), no problem; MJC D8Q400, no problem.

I did 3 flights WITH CP loaded (I tried one with auto-launch of CP and two with manual launch of CP) and as described in my previous post - About 30 minutes into the flight (sometimes still on the ground) CP would not change views. I closed it and just used the "Spacebar" to view around the cockpit. Then randomly my entire computer would freeze!! This happened at different times throughout my flight. I flew the TFDi 717, CP stopped responding shortly after takeoff, computer froze 1:22min into flight. I flew the FSLab A320, CP stopped responding just after reaching cruise. Computer froze on final from a 1:33min flight. I flew the PMDG 737, CP stopped responding while on the ramp just about to push. Computer froze on climb.

What I have done to find a solution: I have uninstalled/reinstalled CP. I have turned Experimental Mode OFF and ON but got same results. Closed CP when it came unresponsive and tried launching again. It wouldn't load for close to 30 secs, and when it did, CP was still unresponsive. I tried toggling out and back into P3D, and nothing. 

Looking at my event viewer, I have MULTIPLE entries of the two following events. This one is from last night, yet every time the computer froze, I would reboot and look at Event Viewer. It is the same two entries every time it happened. This time stamp starts at 8:20:42pm and goes to 8:30:01pm - 24 events errors logged. I have CCleaner and ran that to see if the Registry issues would be picked up and fixed. They were not found as having an issue. I also did some Google searches on these DLL files to see if they have become corrupt and everything I find, and have done through command prompt, etc., they are good.

1. An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class {95CABCC9-BC57-4C12-B8DF-BA193232AA01} was rejected
          -Registry file info: Name (Default) Type - Reg_SZ  Data - WebAccount Object
         - Sub Reg file "InProServer32": Name - (Default)  Type - Reg_SZ  Data - C:\Windows32\vaultcli.dll
                                                           Name - ThreadingModel  Type - Reg_SZ  Data - Both
2. An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class {41FD88F7-F295-4D39-91AC-A85F3149A05B} was rejected
          - Registry file info: Name - (Default) Type - Reg_SZ Data - (value not set)
             - Sub Reg file "InProServer32": Name - (Default) Type - Reg_SZ Data - C:\Windows\System32\WinTypes.dll
                                                               Name - ThreadingModel  Type - Reg_SZ  Data - Both

These two entries were mixed in the 24 errors - 4 event errors logged 

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: svchost.exe_DiagTrack
P2: 10.0.15063.0
P3: 02799ef5
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 10.0.15063.608
P6: 8274fd8b
P7: 00000512
P8: 00000000000a86d4
P9:
P10:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: coreServiceShell.exe
P2: 5.5.0.1256
P3: 596fca53
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 10.0.15063.608
P6: 0
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000035944
P9: e3cb1731-3314-4805-81bb-0dd39fb0b26f
P10:

With this in mind, I do know this is still in Beta and new fixes/updates are being pushed (just received an update last night). So I wanted to provide as much info as I have in hopes that a solution can be found so this does not come up once v1.0 is released. I don't know how CP works with these files/registry entries but researching the problem, I'm coming up that if I don't use CP, I don't have these issues, and these events are not logged. But when I do use CP, I have these issues.

And thinking out loud - it seems like this all started once the new beta was released that included Replay, Hot Corners, etc. I don't recall having any problems beforehand.

Thank you again for this product! It truly is amazing and I really do hope a solution can be found so I can really get into the replays and other awesome features. Let me know if you have any questions or need further information.