Sign in to follow this  
jsg0813

Chaseplane & P3d v4 Crash

I suspect the issue is related to a corrupt dependency on your WIndows system.

We have very few reports of this sort and it might just turn-out to be related to a file or framework component that is broken and required for ChasePlane to work.

Can you confirm you did not have this issue with previous versions of ChasePlane (pre-0.4)?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Thank you for getting back to my post so quickly on this.

I purchased chaseplane on April 29, 2017 for FSX. I did have CTD issue in June that was resolved from an update. I then moved to P3Dv4.0 and v4.1 and migrated CP to use that. Never had an issue until now as I've been researching this for the last 3 weeks or so.

I'm also wondering if the latest WIN10 HotFixes has anything to do with this?? I can try a restore point I guess. 

11/16/2017  2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)
11/16/2017  2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954)
11/16/2017  2017-11 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048951)

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure if outside of these issues if I've had anything else. If I did, it was minor and I can't remember. But I have not had THIS issue at all pre-0.4.

Thank you again for your help on this.

Best,

Matt

Hi Keven,

What is the Event Viewer saying about those CTDs?

Are you referring to the Event View logs for the CTD's back in June 2017??

I'll have to do some digging to see if the records are still there from 6 months ago, and pinpoint them. I do have the CP crash logs that I submitted in June to the FSFX support team. Would it be relevant to this?

Best,

Matt

I am referring to the issues you are having right now. Are you experiencing CTDs right now with 0.4?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

None at all. The issue is that after CP stops working, within 30 min's (or less) my entire computer freezes. Mouse won't move, I can't toggle, or do anything. IF it comes out of frozen state, P3D only works for about another 30 sec's or so before freezing again. But if I don't use CP, I don't have that issue.

The info I posted from my event viewer is what I'm seeing when this all happens. Unfortunately, nothing in my event viewer logs show anything with CP.

Hello,

Any updates regarding CTDs after long hauls with Advanced Features enabled? I seem to be able to get away just fine with it disabled, but I would want to fly with the niceties of it enabled. Sorry for digging out this thread, but I am in this boat. No CTDs prior to installing ChasePlane after hundreds of hours flying in P3D V4.4. And it's a fresh install. No shaders, no p3d.cfg mods, etc.

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

What could have happened to the program?
What I did (remember from memory):
1. Installed through Orbx Central, through the section my products - ObjectFlow.
2. Removed the game ball tunder
3. Launched the DCS game, with the prepar3d v4.5 game already running in the background with chase plane.
For about 3 minutes I flew to DCS and closed the game.
4. The prepar3d v4.5 continued to be in the background like the chase plane.
Then I switched to the prepar3d v4.5and found that the chase plane had taken off.
I tried to start the chase plane again - but to no avail.

This same problem

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/201272-chaseplane-stops-when-opening-a-new-flight-p3dv5/?do=findComment&comment=1719181

This is not help
https://parallel42.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/44002072257-chaseplane-quitting-when-starting-a-flight

Edited by rusentu

Aviablog www.vladevdokimov.ru

Project www.747-400.ru