Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

KMSP Released

Go get it

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Awesome, and I really hope that this airport is really P3D v4 compliant. After reading Robert Randazzo's post from the PMDG forum about some developers just taking shortcuts just to get their products to install into P3D v4 without adhering to LM's SDK is causing performance issues with dynamic lighting and such.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Awesome, and I really hope that this airport is really P3D v4 compliant. After reading Robert Randazzo's post from the PMDG forum about some developers just taking shortcuts just to get their products to install into P3D v4 without adhering to LM's SDK is causing performance issues with dynamic lighting and such.

I highly doubt Flightbeam would take such shortcuts.  They have a pretty good reputation in the sim community and probably do not want to jeopardize that.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I just installed it and took a quick look in 3.4 and it is incredible. On a flight to KMSP as we speak. Very detailed and FPS friendly.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

45 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I highly doubt Flightbeam would take such shortcuts.  They have a pretty good reputation in the sim community and probably do not want to jeopardize that.

It appears as though it is not totally SDK compliant yet. The installer still points to the P3Dv4 root directory. Also if you are poking around in the new Flightbeam Manager (which is very very nice by the way), under FAQ > Installing - it states that at this time it is not yet possible to customize the installation location.

Edit: The installer adds KMSP to the simulator via the documents folder and it's add-on.xml. Although the installer still puts the scenery files in the root foler.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Picking up KMSP along with KDEN and KIAD at the same time.

Will have a lot of joy! Just need the NGX and FSL A320 and I'm ready to roll!

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Anyone else experiencing really slow ground texture loading? I was just exploring around in the default R22 and noticed that just the grassy areas (not the 3D grass) were staying blurry until I got right over top of them. Other than that, it looks absolutely stunning, and performance is great too!.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Once the NGX comes out the perfect airport to fly to.

Yep that and the fslabs bus will make for some great delta flying.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

22 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Picking up KMSP along with KDEN and KIAD at the same time.

Will have a lot of joy! Just need the NGX and FSL A320 and I'm ready to roll!

Hoang Le

I'm hoping for a 4th of July sale for the older products.  I already have KIAD...tough on performance but it's one of my favorites.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I've been waiting  for KMSP for a while. I'm looking forward right now for a flight with it in P3d V4. The only drawback is I'm accumulating  a large number of developer-specific add-on  managers.

EDIT: I just want to add that the dynamic lighting is beautifully done, even though it knocked off easily 15-20 fps, so if one doesn't mind running at 20-25 fps, it's worth it. My GTX 1080 is running almost pinned at 98-100% while on the ground at KMSP.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat (GPU)." Now when does the GTX 1180 come out again?

Why isn't there's a trial that we can download for this airport? 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'm hoping for a 4th of July sale for the older products.  I already have KIAD...tough on performance but it's one of my favorites.

Are they going to have the sale on that date? What was their sale last year?
Thanks for the info!

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Why isn't there's a trial that we can download for this airport? 

That's one disadvantage of leaving Couatl, no trial/demo version.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

43 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Are they going to have the sale on that date? What was their sale last year?
Thanks for the info!

That's one disadvantage of leaving Couatl, no trial/demo version.

IMHO a demo is not needed. FB quality control is the best. How many patches will you find in their web site ? Not many. And any that are there are to correct Orbx blending. KMSP has been blended for Orbx at release.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I agree, FB sceneries are by far my favorites.  I just wish they had more airports.  MSP will make a lovely and long-awaited addition to my route network.  Now only if someone would actually produce and release a KORD scenery instead of talking and talking and talking about it coming down the pike...