Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FSDT's runways look grainy/fuzzy with dynamic lights on

I've noticed this especially on FSDT's airports, KIAH and a few others that I can't remember. But when you have dynamic lights on and then turn on your runway lights on PMDG 747/777, the runway texture is extremely grainy and fuzzy looking and it looks absolutely terrible. What's the cause of this and will there be an update to fix this problem? I don't recall seeing this at other airports but I will have to make sure and do some more testing to see if this also happens with other scenery as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I noticed this at CYVR as well in the PMDG 777.  It's like the "grain" of the taxiway/runway textures is being accentuated by the lights.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

I've noticed this especially on FSDT's airports, KIAH and a few others that I can't remember. But when you have dynamic lights on and then turn on your runway lights on PMDG 747/777, the runway texture is extremely grainy and fuzzy looking and it looks absolutely terrible. What's the cause of this and will there be an update to fix this problem? I don't recall seeing this at other airports but I will have to make sure and do some more testing to see if this also happens with other scenery as well.

Not sure if you remember but you've already participated in a thread concerning the same issue you started this thread on.

Rather than have another topic on the same issue which the developer is already participating in, I'm going to lock this and you can continue the discussion there.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator