Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Improved lightning effect P3D4

Saw this thread over at SkyLounge.  Somebody made a lightning mod that looks nice...

http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5674-make-thunderstorms-great-again/?do=findComment&comment=8401

Here's the before/after video from the thread...

https://vid.me/xaqY

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yup, that's a big improvement and far more realistic. Lightning at night, whenever I've watched it, is so bright on the terrain that you can actually see the green colour of grass a very long way off, even on a very dark night, which is certainly occurring with that modification.

That's the sort of improvement I think we've got every right to expect with new iterations of 64 bit sims. It never ceases to amaze me that flight simulator developers will bang on about something like putting a rain effect on windscreens or whatever, like they've just invented sliced bread or something. Rain and snow on the windshield you say? And dynamic lighting too you say? Oh, you mean like every PC-based train, truck, car, or boat simulator made in the past ten years has had from the moment it was released? :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That looks so much better!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So this only works with dynamic lighting enabled?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Great, thanks for posting.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.