Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Aeroworx King Air B200 Thoughts !!!

Guest captandy

I usually fly Turbo to Heavies and was wondering is the B200 worth adding to my hangar? I would appreciate some reviews and thoughts on adding this plane to my collection.ThanksAndy

>I usually fly Turbo to Heavies and was wondering is the B200>worth adding to my hangar? I would appreciate some reviews and>thoughts on adding this plane to my collection.>>Thanks>AndyFirst-rate, all the way down to the great support. Add reality xp avionics, and you have a real winner. ricardo

Don't hesitate, one of the best, especially if you can combine it with reality XP gaugesJohn

Highly recommended - one of the best GA turboprop aircraft found on the market!Best,Owen

Guest flight78

Hey ! i bought this aircraft to. Its an absolute STUNNER !!. Takes some time to learn to fly tho. Taxi can be really hard its very very sensitive to winds even on the ground. Landing is HARD and i also know that landing is this way in real life (by reading their forum). Landing on short strips is very well possible but require ALOT of practise and some serious manual braking and right mixture. I really really enjoy this aircraft. Even tho it might be a tad to sensitive on taxi. Everything else on it is great i think. So yeah go ahead and buy it i did and iam not dissapointed at all.EDIT: Forgot to add one problem. The battery dies after like 5 mins doing preflight checklist with engine off can be a problem:(. Ive heard there is a fix for this with a registerd FSUIPC but iam not sure. Just thought i

>I usually fly Turbo to Heavies and was wondering is the B200>worth adding to my hangar? I would appreciate some reviews and>thoughts on adding this plane to my collection.>>Thanks>AndyAndy, you can't go wrong with the beauty. She's complex and fun to fly. Really first rate add-on and more than first rate support. Phenomenal comes to mind.Regards,

Yep and rl pilots reported on this forum that it is top rate, the best in it's class. Aeroworx are great guys too so any support issues are always delt with quickly.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Highly recommend it. This is the single best add on plane I got for FS9. You'll truly enjoy it.Jim

>I usually fly Turbo to Heavies and was wondering is the B200>worth adding to my hangar? I would appreciate some reviews and>thoughts on adding this plane to my collection.>>Thanks>AndyGo get it Andy, you won't regret it! :)

Guest captandy

You guys sold me .... I am getting it tonight ...Thanks for your inputAndy

> Taxi can be really hard>its very very sensitive to winds even on the ground.>> Landing is HARD and i also know that landing is this way in>real life (by reading their forum). >>Landing on short strips is very well possible but require ALOT>of practise and some serious manual braking and right mixture.>I really really enjoy this aircraft. Even tho it might be a>tad to sensitive on taxi. Everything else on it is great i>think. So yeah go ahead and buy it i did and iam not>dissapointed at all.>>>EDIT: Forgot to add one problem. The battery dies after like 5>mins doing preflight checklist with engine off can be a>problem:(. Ive heard there is a fix for this with a registerd>FSUIPC but iam not sure. Just thought i

Dale

nobody from them wanted to help me fix the problem with a dark weather radar or GPS in the VC at night. I placed the reality Xp wx500 in the middle where the GPS was by default, but without a dome light on, I cannot see it at night! oh wellother than that, its a first class product. very awesome airplane

Guest dpc

Give us a report after you get it. I'm sure you'll love it.Dave

Guest captandy

Well I took the plunge and my wife was in the same room.Do you know how hard it is to read a credit card number when she is only feet away being distracted by our dogs.Anyway I sat up til 3AM playing with this plane.It took me about an hour to get her started I damaged the engines without realizing I was doing the hot start.After I repaired both engines I took her for a good hour flight w/o ATC just getting used to her.I never use the VC in any of the planes I own but this VC was a blast to fly in.Very detailed and all the switches are functional.The flight dynamics felt fine except I found the trim to be a bit aggressive for my taste.Taxing was a bit of a challenge as plane is hard to keep dead straight using my X45.Overall for the $29.00 I spent under my wifes nose LOL there are no regrets thus far.Great addition to my hangar .....Andy

Glad you are enjoying it Andy..they did a bang-up job on it.You might enjoy these two articles I wrote for SimHQ that compare the simulated aircraft to the real life B200...it has some very interesting comparison shots between the real plane and the Aeroworx version. There are 2 reviews..the first for the initial release and the 2nd with the analogue panel:Aeroworx B200 Super King Air: Reality vs. Simulation: http://www.simhq.com/_air3/air_112a.htmlAeroworx X-treme King Air B200 Version 2.0: http://www.simhq.com/_air4/air_157a.htmlAnyone who owns the Aeroworx B200 would probably enjoy the articles...it gives you a bit of background info on your new bird.. :) Also..if you have any questions feel free to either contact me or post them on the Aeroworx forums..those guys are really helpful and some of them know more about the aircraft I fly for a living than I do... :DRegards..Chris "BeachAV8R" Frishmuth