eric_jeppesen

[P3Dv4] 777 Parking brake issue after touch-down?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone::happy:

I'm glad to figure out the solution with everyone. Recnetly I met this problem and have a little bit anxious to solve, because I'm a video maker in a China's online video site (just like YouTube), I do not want to drag too long time to next 777 video:blush:. Maybe my English is not good so please forgive my grammar...

First here's something I want to declare:

1. My PMDG777 isn't a pirate copy, if PMDG's stuff want my order number I can give that use PM or ticket:biggrin:;

2. This problem didn't happened in P3Dv3, even FSX long time ago... Just in P3Dv4.

 

Okay, now please let me tell this about it:

I'm using ILS27 circle-to-land RWY24 at EHAM, and everything goes fine before touch-down, my AUTOBRAKE set to 1, of couse no PARKING BRAKE.

At the moment touched down, PARKING BRAKE ON red box showed at the lower left corner of the screen, flashing. EICAS showed warning TIRE PRESS (abnormal) and BRAKE TEMP (too high).

 

PotPlayerMini_2017-06-15_15-58-52.jpg

 

MFD's GEAR page now showed my brake's temperature is too high and main landing gear‘s tire press is ZERO!

I'm sure there is no heavy landing, it was a very smooth landing. TAT is 21C and RWY surface's temp is pretty normal, can NOT be puncture.

 

PotPlayerMini_2017-06-15_15-58-14.jpg

 

Then I checked my Parking Brake is released, because no tire pressure plane can't be moving. I also checked chorks is removed.

 

PotPlayerMini_2017-06-15_16-01-52.png

 

Addtional, FMC's FAILURE page showed I have a lot wheel's failures.

PotPlayerMini_2017-06-15_16-00-02.jpg

 

BUT when I clear all the failures, it's NOT WORK at all! Pressure goes down soonly.

 

PotPlayerMini_2017-06-15_16-01-11.jpg

 

Luckily, When I reset brakes and tires in FMC's GROUND MAINTANCE page, everything goes normal.

 

PotPlayerMini_2017-06-15_16-03-49.jpg

 

I’m wordering if it was an incident, BUT then I did a traffic partten at EHAM using ILS18C (I EVEN RESTART MY PC) , same BUG occured!

When this BUG occured, although parking brake is released, plane can't move, P3D tells my parking brake still on...:blink:

In my opinion it was totally a BUG and this makes normal landing impossible (OMG Parking Brake apply and can't release). 

 

So anyone knows how to solve this problem? It's better that PMDG's stuff give out a solution~:laugh:

I'm pretty appreciate if there's somebody help me. Let me express my thanks first! :)

 

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mmm, I just encountered the same problem when I landed at Toronto airport P3dv4. Parking brake was locked and got the message 'brake temp' and 'tire press'. Cleared this in the ground maintenance menu and everything was reset. Never got this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, nice to learn this, thanks. I have had the same problem in the last two or three flights I have made and I was thinking it was happening because somehow I landed hard and destroyed the brakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing after landing on several airports !

JPM

Edit : I can not remember if this bug occurred with the 777 or the 747 ! :ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

For info, a thread on this matter is already open in the correct subforum:

It could have been great to keep posting in the same thread to add consistency to the matter and keep the clean and tidy.

As this seems to be experienced by more and more users, have you sent tickets to the support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still doubtful that this is not being caused by your hardware/settings, honestly. I'm not seeing it, our testers didn't see it, and there are quite a number of people out there who, for some reason, believe that their settings from P3Dv3 carry over somehow to P3Dv4 (they don't). You'll need to recalibrate everything, and set everything back up in FSUIPC (if you have it registered) again in order for the sim to interpret your hardware's signals properly.

EDIT: Please ensure that you post in the proper subforum. If you type a specific aircraft in the thread title, chances are, it should be in that specific aircraft's subforum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

For info, a thread on this matter is already open in the correct subforum:

It could have been great to keep posting in the same thread to add consistency to the matter and keep the clean and tidy.

As this seems to be experienced by more and more users, have you sent tickets to the support?

 

Hi, 

I haven't send ticket in PMDG support, if there can't be solved I will be. Thx for your link~

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm still doubtful that this is not being caused by your hardware/settings, honestly. I'm not seeing it, our testers didn't see it, and there are quite a number of people out there who, for some reason, believe that their settings from P3Dv3 carry over somehow to P3Dv4 (they don't). You'll need to recalibrate everything, and set everything back up in FSUIPC (if you have it registered) again in order for the sim to interpret your hardware's signals properly.

EDIT: Please ensure that you post in the proper subforum. If you type a specific aircraft in the thread title, chances are, it should be in that specific aircraft's subforum.

 

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

I uninstalled my 777 in P3Dv3 (just like 747QOTS II) and then unstalled P3Dv3, cleaned regedits, but hadn't reinstall my Windows10 (it's the best way to keep problem away I think). I'll follow your suggestions and figure it out. Thanks!

And... Yeah... Maybe I have to post this in 777 subforum, sorry about that.:blush:

 

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Kyle on this one. I have completed a few flights in the T7 and the 74 and not had any issue with the parking brake. My suggestion would be to remove all keys (In P3D and FSUIPC if you are using it) that activate the parking brake in the controller settings, for all controllers and keyboard and see if it still happens . My quess would be that it won't happen anymore. Then just assign the key command / controller buttons etc that you require

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elv said:

I'm with Kyle on this one. I have completed a few flights in the T7 and the 74 and not had any issue with the parking brake. My suggestion would be to remove all keys that activate the parking brake in the controller settings, for all controllers and keyboard and see if it still happens (P3D and FSUIPC if you are using it). My quess would be that it won't happen anymore. Then just assign the key command/ controller button etc that you require

Hi,

Thx for your suggestion! And I'll try this soon.

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After recalibrating my X55 in P3DV4, I have completed a new flight (arrival  YPPH)  in the 747 and not had any issue this time with the parking brake. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Kyle mentioned, it is extremely important in a new P3DV4 installation to look at the default assignments for each and every identified controller. I have a Hotas Warthog joystick, CH six-lever throttle quadrant and pedals, and a Saitek three-lever aux throttle quadrant.

After initially installing P3D4, I found that many assignments had been duplicated. The fore/aft left/right axes on the joystick were correctly assigned to elevators and ailerons - but I found that the sim had ALSO assigned two levers on the Saitek quadrant to ailerons and elevators.

There was a button assignment for flaps on three different controllers - joystick, CH quadrant AND Saitek quadrant etc.

I had to edit buttons and axes to insure that only ONE axis or button on ONE controller was assigned to any given function, and that all buttons or axes that I am currently not using had no assignment at all.

This may well be the reason why parking brakes are unexpectedly coming on after landing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

As Kyle mentioned, it is extremely important in a new P3DV4 installation to look at the default assignments for each and every identified controller. I have a Hotas Warthog joystick, CH six-lever throttle quadrant and pedals, and a Saitek three-lever aux throttle quadrant.

After initially installing P3D4, I found that many assignments had been duplicated. The fore/aft left/right axes on the joystick were correctly assigned to elevators and ailerons - but I found that the sim had ALSO assigned two levers on the Saitek quadrant to ailerons and elevators.

There was a button assignment for flaps on three different controllers - joystick, CH quadrant AND Saitek quadrant etc.

I had to edit buttons and axes to insure that only ONE axis or button on ONE controller was assigned to any given function, and that all buttons or axes that I am currently not using had no assignment at all.

This may well be the reason why parking brakes are unexpectedly coming on after landing 

Hi Jim,

Maybe you're remarks deserves a separate thread to warn those who has multiple controllers.

I experienced a simular event. Take a look at my thread where I assigned a button to open the ATC window and when I pressed that button it would also engage the reverser of the T7.

Regards,

Cees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now