Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Imaginesim KATL question.

I posted a couple of months ago about this problem in P3Dv3.   This scenery hesitates at least twice upon arrival and departcher for approximately 10 seconds.  Upon installing P3Dv4 it stopped doing that.  However it began doing so again.  I have flown PMDG 747 and TFDI 717 and lowered all settings to minimal and it still stops.  I unistalled  and reinstalled the airport for P3Dv4 and it persists.  I am at a loss as to what caused it to begin stalling again.  Has anyone else experienced this and have a possible solution?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, kenthom said:

This scenery hesitates at least twice upon arrival and departcher for approximately 10 seconds

Please expand your problem description.  "The scenery hesitates" doesn't make sense to me, do you mean the simulation is pausing? "Upon arrival and departure," when exactly is this, on the runway or 5 nm final/approach?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, it pauses.   At approximately 10 miles out from the airport on climb out the sim will stop or pause.   It remains stopped for approximately 10 seconds and then resumes.  It does the same thing approximately two minutes later.    It does the same thing on approach.   Elevation does not seem to be a factor.   It did that all the time in P3Dv3.   However, when I upgraded to v4 it seemed to have stopped doing that when I flew the PMDG 747 into KATL.   Time passed and I again flew a flight into KATL last night in the 717 and the pauses again began.

The only thing I had done in between was attempt to update Imaginesim KAUS into V4.  

Very disappointing because I like the airport but I am at a loss to fix the problem.  Thanks for responding.

Typically when flying into large airports (especially with AI) there is a pause to load in the scenery/AI planes.  This is typically done from disk so there may be some sort of I/O issue related to your hard disk or you may have anti-virus checking the folders/files.  I would look at this first.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

IIya beat me to it.  What he said ;)

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I do not have an anti-virus on.   I have the ai traffic set at 12.   The odd thing is that nothing changed from one day to the next that would cause the problem.  Shortly after installing V4 I added this scenery and all was fine.  I was thrilled that V4 had eliminated the problem.  Thanks for your comments though.

This happened to me before as well., and it was unique to KATL.  I can't remember if reinstalling the scenery helped or if updating my driver did the trick.  It has nothing to do with your in-sim settings or anti-virus.   Try using a different driver and see if that helps.