Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Latest FSW update is now available

As per the thread title, latest update is live on Steam.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Did you get it yet?  im at work cant download . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Yup, not a great deal in it to be honest, other than the mission editor tweak, but it's there nonetheless.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

found this video with the new update running ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Still a lavender haze to it.  now is the lighting adjustable in the UI? 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

3 hours ago, rtodepart said:

found this video with the new update running ....

At that altitude, the density of local autogen 3D buildings looks good, but the constant pop-in of buildings in the distance is very noticeable and distracting. And then a blurry horizon beyond that.

They really need to fix that. With a 64-bit address space, they should be able to load 3D scenery further out in the distance so you don't see pop-in, even if it means bumping up the system requirements. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

57 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

They really need to fix that. With a 64-bit address space, they should be able to load 3D scenery further out in the distance so you don't see pop-in, even if it means bumping up the system requirements. 

Yup and if you zoom to the distant autogen you can see that they are using alpha fade but the distance is not adjustable. It would be good to have some tweaks to set distance where fade-in begins and ends.

Barry Friedman

Would be nice to have sliders to adjust the lighting to everyone's personal taste.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I don't understand why they didn't just leave the lighting alone, as in FSX. Isn't that what they built this from anyway??

Thanks,

Mike 

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

We have to give them time. They know they have a lot to do. 

Well, for mtself, I´m really confident they can be competitive on this market. They just need some time. 

1 minute ago, simaddict said:

I don't understand why they didn't just leave the lighting alone, as in FSX. Isn't that what they built this from anyway??

Thanks,

Mike 

Because they want a simulator with new technologies (PBR, Ambient Occlusion etc). They are new technologies implemented to the old simulator. They will need to balance it.

It needs to work.  the latest update makes it impossible for me to fly in the Dallas area.  it just crashes to the desktop.

I filed a bug report.  I had a crash in the New York area before this update but I considered it a one off but now its consistent on my system.  I cannot fly out of KDAL. period.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

On 2017-06-16 at 11:25 AM, simaddict said:

Thanks,

Mike 

With this release, FSW actually has more believable lighting than FSX, IMHO.

Before, FSW scenery was all washed out on my system, but no more :cool: 

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

With this release, FSW actually has more believable lighting than FSX, IMHO.

Before, FSW scenery was all washed out on my system, but no more :cool: 

The lighting is more believable than FSX but XP11 is more realistic than both.

The ground under your aircraft at low altitudes is bright and warm and its the haze that modifies that appearance out towards the horizon and just above the horizon.  The way haze looks gets complicated because it depends on whether its water vapor or smoke or dust or some combination and it also depends on how thick it is and where the main light sources are and where you are in that haze in relation to those light sources.  The ground has a blueish haze (and so do buildings) because ground and buildings block the light from coming behind them.  The haze itself will block the light where it is is thick enough and that varies as well.  I think of haze as a giant cloud and it has those same reflective, self shadowing and light changing properties.  the whole visible atmostphere is a giant cloud.

but if FSW had brighter and warmer scenery at lower altitudes immediately under the aircraft with the haze dimming and dulling things the way they do with this update (but more so I suspect if the local ground scenery was brightened)  then it would be more realistic.  As you gain altitude, the haze darkens the ground below you more and more (depending on visibility) but you are also climbing so the haze should generally be getting thinner and this is most noticeable at the horizon where you'll tend to see a bright line with shadow under it extending towards your aircraft.  To me this is the cloud like effect that haze produces where the sunshine is reflected off the top of the distant haze but the haze itself blocks the light creating a shadow.

You won't see that line when you are inside thicker haze.  It just darkens the lower horizon from your perspective. unless the sun is setting behind it...

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Not saying it could not be better, but this transforms the flight experience, for the better :happy:

Bert