Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

Need help with AI. Get confused...

My Greetings to all Captains,I'm quite new to the AI environment. I have searched half of all 73 pages of posts listed in this TTools forum but couldn't find any giving some instructions on how to start with AI. However, I found some information on different AI tools like TTools, AFCAD, etc., also a few tutorials on PAI but still get confused and puzzled. I therefore, decided to get help before going on with download of various AI aircraft, flight plans, etc. At the moment I use FS2004 and know about two major AI aircraft providers, namely AI Aardvark and Project AI, not to mention tons of AI flight plans at Avsim's Library. I've read a few tutorials about installation of AI aircraft, textures and AI flight plans. I also have TTools and AFCAD v2.21 downloaded from Avsim Library. And know nothing else except that both of them are used to manage AI traffic. I've recently downloaded and successfully (?) installed AIA 767-300 base model and the Scandinavian Airlines texture for it following instructions provided in relevant Readmes. After that I downloaded SAS flight plans for winter 2005. Using TTools and following its User Guide I decomplied "traffic030528.bgl" and after adding necessary aircraft and flight plan info I re-compiled all three .txt files to make the edited traffic visible in FS2004. Unfortunately, the AIA 767 didn't show up.I now need help both on the proper installation of my AI aircraft and AI tools in general. Below I listed some questions of mine re AI. I would appreciate if somebody could help me to answer them: 1. What is the correct procedure for a newbie to start with AI (proper aircraft, textures, flight plan installations)? 2. What extra tools I need except those listed above? 3. Where can I get tutorials, manuals on AI? 4. Do I need to edit original (FS2004) airport .bgl files to use additional AI aircraft?Thank you.Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Hi,I would suggest starting with Project AI aircraft and traffic (i.e. airline packages) and then getting into your own traffic modifications later.Just download the airline packages you want to install, along with the installer. Then install the Installer package. Then unzip the airline packages into a folder (I used the Installer folder). Then start the Installer, select all the airline packages, and choose Install. They will all be installed at once.You will need 3rd party AFCAD files to get more aircraft parking at default (and other) airports. I would again suggest downloading the Project AI AFCAD package(s) and installing them. You can replace them with other versions as you find them (and if you like them better).After that, read the info in the TTools and AFCAD text files - they are very good.And there are several tutorials about - here is one: http://www.wilsonsairspace.com/tlc.htmlHope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I agree. Start with Project AI, then when you see how it all works you can rip out the PAI models and replace them with the nicer stuff.ALL AI works the same way. Project AI, Ultimate Traffic - all the same concept. Aircraft and flightplans, that's all it is. Once you see it and understand it, it's like a moment of enlightenment and then you're addicted.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Thank you all, guys!You were indeed very helpful! I'll give a try to your recommendations.Thanks again.Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Once you have decompiled the bgl into 3 text files (aircraft, flightplans, airports)the linkage is:from the aircraft.cfg file in my Flight Simulator9/Aircraft/Aardvark MD90 folder[fltsim.2]title=AI SK M90sim=aia_MD_8Xmodel=no_reflpanel=sound=title=AI SK M90 from the aircraft.cfg for the planes you are trying to use must link exactly toAC#7758,200,"AI SK M90" in the aircraft.txt fileIn turn, AC#7758 must link directly to the flightplan.txt entries for that aircraft AC#7758,SE-DMF,89%,WEEK,IFR,0/04:54:05,@0/06:34:59,360,F,0713,EKCH,0/08:24:30,@0/09:34:38,350,F,0404,ESSA.................etc etcThen recompile and the flight should appear.Note the percentage 89% - this particular flight will only appear if your traffic percentage in FS9 is set above 89% As well as Aardvark, try EvolveAI http://www.evolveai.com, they are new and are coming out with good AI planes - Airbus A321 and the ERJ-145 released today, plus DC10'sTYpically Afcads are to add extra parking for all the AI you'll be adding, don't need to do it all yourself, can get a big package at http://afcad.projectai.com/ and use the PAI installer to put them in

ngxu_banner.png