Sign in to follow this  
sq024

Gate information

Hello Dave,

Somewhere during the developments we have lost the correct gaten information.

I'm using P2A 2.2.1.5., P3D v3 and NavDataPro v17.06.

Take as an example LFML (Marseille, FR).

In the default bgl (file APX49160.bgl) the airport has 12 gates and 24 parkings, numbered 1 - 24 where some numbers are used twice for different gates (i.e. Gate_B 8 and Gate_C 8)

The gates in the default bgl for LFML are:

Type,Name,Number
GATE_SMALL, GATE_G, 5
GATE_SMALL,GATE_G , 6
GATE_SMALL, GATE_A, 1
GATE_SMALL, GATE_A, 2
GATE_SMALL, GATE_B, 3
GATE_SMALL, GATE_B, 4
GATE_HEAVY, GATE_A, 7
GATE_MEDIUM, GATE_B, 8
GATE_MEDIUM, GATE_C, 8
GATE_SMALL, GATE_C, 9
GATE_SMALL, GATE_A, 10
GATE_SMALL, GATE_C, 10

In the P2A Airport Information for LFML there are only 4 gates mentioned 12, 13, 14 and 18. Using the Taxi Mnt-button I get the layout of the airport with, I think, all gates and parkings but most of them with the same number.

I don't know how to check if there is gate-information in NavDataPro for LFML and if this is used but the result in the Airport Information window (gate 12,13,14,18) seems not correct.

I hope you have enough detail to investigate otherwise I can send extra info (and screenshots) via email.

Regards,

Rob

Rob,

Normally, gate information comes from the AIRAC data.  However, there is a new option to ignore AIRAC data and read it from the Taxiway data so that if your favorite airports don't have gates in AIRAC, then it will be read from the Taxiway data.  If you do want to read from Taxiway data, you need to follow instructions in the Taxiway Maintenance section of the User's Guide to add Gate names to the Parking Taxi points.

In your case, for LFML, you probably have the "Ignore AIRAC Gate Info" option checked.  It's located in the Misc section at the bottom of the ATC Settings tab.  Just be sure it's unchecked and your gates should be good at LFML.

I will look into it and get back here if there is a bug or something.

Thanks,

Dave

After some experimenting I found a bug that requires you to shutdown and restart Pilot2ATC to get the Gates to show up after you uncheck the "Ignore AIRAC Gate Information" option....Sorry.

This will be fixed in the next update, 2216.

Otherwise, it works as described above.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave for your quick response, it works as you described. Airport information window gives all the gates.

There seems no relationship between the gates list in the Airport Information window and the blue-pins in the taxi-maintenance, does this affect the taxi-instructions I get from ATC?

Regards,

Rob

You are correct.  When the Gate info comes from AIRAC data, the lat/lon of the gate does too.  So you'll get taxi instructions to the nearest "pin" to the location of the gate.  Usually this is adequate.

Dave