Sign in to follow this  
Guest yarvelling

Mysterious Roads.....

Guest yarvelling

Hi, Does anyone have any idea as to what scenery texture would be generating what appear to be roads, although in reality there are no roads in that location? Another odd thing about them is that electricity pylons frequently follow them, but not all the time. See the pic for an example, with pylons ringed in yellow.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140535.jpgI don't know whether they have always been there and I've just not noticed them, or whether it's part of a replacement scenery textures set that I may have downloaded at some point.....sorry to be so vague! It wouldn't normally bother me if therre were a small portion with misplaced textures, but these run for miles, in a definate pattern; they just don't follow proper roads, or railways, although they do intersect both at times. I have reinstalled the default road and rail textures from CD 4 just to make sure that I'm not missing any textures....they are beginning to 'bug' me now!! The screen shot was made just east of Mildenhall airbase, over East Anglia, UK.Thanks.... :)

I don't think it is a bug, I have always thought this is supposed to be the clearing for power lines to run on. I just think they weren't so noticeable with default textures. They were always there on my FS.Sascha

That is a power corridor. Set by terrain.cfg. From the sdk:MaskClassMap=0, 1, 2, or 3Controls if and how vector features change the underlying land class. This attribute is useful, for example, to change forest to scrub when power lines pass through the forest. The valid values are:...1 Use for man-made line features like roads or power line corridors.It also loads a file named utilitymask.bmp.scott s..

Guest yarvelling

Many thanks for the answers folks, I was considering reinstalling all the original scenery from CD, just in case - that would have a been a right pain :)Funny how I never noticed them for these past 2-3 years :-roll