Sign in to follow this  
Piotr007

FSDT scenery KIAH not yet compatible with P3D V4?

Can someone confirm this? I have still no acces to their forums. Admin must be sleeping to allow me in.

0LNwNEm.jpg

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

8 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Admin must be sleeping to allow me in.

Considering the current time in Switzerland, I'd say you're probably right.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Considering the current time in Switzerland, I'd say you're probably right.

Haha, ;)

Okay. I just discovered there is just an issue with the night preview not working at those airports as expected. Well, could be worse.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

8 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

Working fine for me. Flew from it to SCEL last night. 

I have a stutter every 3 seconds when I pan around. I do not only get this issue with KIAH though. KLAX, KJFK and KFLL do not seem to have this issue. 

This stutter occurs though I have good FPS. I thought something could be tampering with the scenery. I have also ORBX installed. Anitpopup in addonmanager is set to maximum.

I installed KIAH with the installer 3 days ago in demo mode. I re-ran the FSDT Live Update almost every day. I really do not know what is causing this stutter.

I only made a few changes in p3d.cfg file to make the sim run better. I adopter AffinityMask=84 for my 6700K processor, it runs smoothly. I also noticed during daylight at KIAH runway shimmering when flying. Perhaps this issue is a root cause of the stutter? What can I do?

Apart from KIAH, KJFK V2 for example works without any issues. The only problem at KJFK though are the worse textures and some strange lines across the runways. Perhaps a reinstall of the affected scenery would help. But I doubt about that. 

My only worries is that FSDT made its sceneries only compatible in P3D V4 by editing the installers, so this scenery has not been converted utilising the SDK (just as stated bij R.S.R., CEO of PMDG) and making it not really compatible with V4 in terms of performance. It just appears compatible, this worries me a lot.

1 hour ago, Piotr007 said:

I have a stutter every 3 seconds when I pan around. I do not only get this issue with KIAH though. KLAX, KJFK and KFLL do not seem to have this issue. 

This stutter occurs though I have good FPS. I thought something could be tampering with the scenery. I have also ORBX installed. Anitpopup in addonmanager is set to maximum.

I installed KIAH with the installer 3 days ago in demo mode. I re-ran the FSDT Live Update almost every day. I really do not know what is causing this stutter.

I only made a few changes in p3d.cfg file to make the sim run better. I adopter AffinityMask=84 for my 6700K processor, it runs smoothly. I also noticed during daylight at KIAH runway shimmering when flying. Perhaps this issue is a root cause of the stutter? What can I do?

Apart from KIAH, KJFK V2 for example works without any issues. The only problem at KJFK though are the worse textures and some strange lines across the runways. Perhaps a reinstall of the affected scenery would help. But I doubt about that. 

My only worries is that FSDT made its sceneries only compatible in P3D V4 by editing the installers, so this scenery has not been converted utilising the SDK (just as stated bij R.S.R., CEO of PMDG) and making it not really compatible with V4 in terms of performance. It just appears compatible, this worries me a lot.

The problem you are describing is not a SDK conversion issue. I also am not sure that's the case as FSDT has first dibs on the beta testing with LM this why they were one of the first to demonstrate when LM announced. 

The issue you are describing I have seen fixed  by changing the Altitude Cull in the add-on manager and also by changing the Anti-popup setting  to a higher value. So the scenery loads further away. 

Another possibility is disabling the View Optimization on the add-on manager. Which makes small objects disappeared when they are not in view but as soon as you pan it reads them. Creating a stutter. 

Give those  a try and Also check in the FSDT forums. 

Hope it helps. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 hour ago, Piotr007 said:

The problem you are describing is not a SDK conversion issue. I also am not sure that's the case as FSDT has first dibs on the beta testing with LM this why they were one of the first to demonstrate when LM announced. 

The issue you are describing I have seen fixed  by changing the Altitude Cull in the add-on manager and also by changing the Anti-popup setting  to a higher value. So the scenery loads further away. 

Another possibility is disabling the View Optimization on the add-on manager. Which makes small objects disappeared when they are not in view but as soon as you pan it reads them. Creating a stutter. 

Hope it helps. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

13 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

I have still no acces to their forums. Admin must be sleeping to allow me in.

Have you tried loggint in despite this?

I ask because I never actually reveiced an e-mail that I'm cleared to post, yet I could log in and post from the getgo.

56 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Have you tried loggint in despite this?

I ask because I never actually reveiced an e-mail that I'm cleared to post, yet I could log in and post from the getgo.

Ah wait, luckily I can now.

5 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

Hope it helps. 

I tried it all. Did not work. I am getting sick of the stutter. And also runway shimmering.

As I already replied to your post on our forum, we fixed the runway flickering in the current Live Update, and I believe the stutters should be gone as well but, I wanted to hear your feedback about this, because when it comes to stuttering, each system is different. They surely have gone entirely on my system.