Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Aerosoft Buses v4?

Wondered if the Aerosoft buses are working in v4 yet?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

They've decided to introduce V4 features and bring it up to A330 product standard, and thus have delayed the A320 series V4 release to July.

Zicheng Cai

And it will be a paid upgrade. Too bad. As I have bought the FSLabs A320, I'm not willing to pay for the upgrade. Would have been nice to still have the Aerosoft busses in v4 as a performance friendly alternative to the FSLabs. Oh well. Guess I have to write off that investment...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I wasn't that happy with Aerosoft Airbuses, but for the price range it was worth it.  I doubt that I will pay for an upgrade though if that's what they decide to do.  I'll just give my money to FSLabs instead. 

1 hour ago, Cai Zicheng said:

They've decided to introduce V4 features and bring it up to A330 product standard, and thus have delayed the A320 series V4 release to July.

The latest news is the A320 Series should be released first, then the A330.  This was changed about a week ago.

Based on what Mathijs said, the anticipated A320 Update is just a couple weeks away - but remember that's a forecast, not promise.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

What a surprise...those guys are so full of it it's pathetic. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

I wasn't that happy with Aerosoft Airbuses, but for the price range it was worth it.  I doubt that I will pay for an upgrade though if that's what they decide to do.  I'll just give my money to FSLabs instead. 

It is wise you edited your comment; that was not the right thing to say.

I am sorry you disagree with Aerosoft's policy to charge for an upgrade to V-4. I was very against developers charging for a P3D installer- that's understandable as it was the same sim as FSX with,... yes more and more improvements. However, P3D V-4 is a new and different sim- it's a 64Bit.. Therefore, it requires a re-writing of codes to make it compatible with V-4. For some products it's accessible, so those developers are not charging. However, high-end products  such as Aerosoft A-320, FSL, PMDG, FSUIPC, and a few others have a lot of work on to make them compatible; hence, I understand and willing to pay for the upgrade (not just an update). 

Aerosoft's A318, 320, 321, and A-330 will be not just beautiful, but awesome to fly. They are one of the very few best! And, the CRJ? Hmmmm.. Things are about to get even better. 

• Upvote 3

I completely agree with what you're saying in terms of charging or not charging for upgrades, and I would be happy to for most of them, especially Pete.  However, I think AS made a foolish mistake by doing it for their Airbuses considering other study level developers aren't.  I'm also not a fan of their Airbuses, but I do fly them occasionally because of a lack of other options.  They lack the sophistication and smoothness of the PMDG birds IMHO.  Consequently, I'd rather invest in a quality aircraft from a developer who really does focus on the needs of this community.  I never have and never will feel that way about Aerosoft as they are a simulation company and our niche is just a small part of that.  But I respect those who are Aerosoft fans as we all have our own preferences and experiences.  That said, I'm still more than happy to support PMDG, FSLabs and TFDI as they are working tirelessly to deliver. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Aerosoft's A318, 320, 321, and A-330 will be not just beautiful, but awesome to fly. They are one of the very few best! And, the CRJ? Hmmmm.. Things are about to get even better. 

I completely agree with you! Looking forward to Aerosoft's installments.

@dal330200 - Aerosoft offers a great set of features and complexity for their price range. Be aware (when comparing Aerosoft to PMDG/FSLabs etc) that the price range is nearly doubled - and for the P3D versions is even more.

I truly love PMDG and all their tubeliners (because that's all I'm interested in). Personally I think the price for a PMDG bird is right - to be honest, I think they could charge more! PMDG (and FSLabs) offers complete simulator within the simulator. It's truly mind-boggling what they've accomplished, considering that it's has to run within the parameters of the ESP engine! 

But back to my original point - Aerosoft sets a very nice in-the-middle price range and limits the features and complexity. But for what it's worth it has it's own market...

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

I completely agree with what you're saying in terms of charging or not charging for upgrades, and I would be happy to for most of them, especially Pete.  However, I think AS made a foolish mistake by doing it for their Airbuses considering other study level developers aren't.  I'm also not a fan of their Airbuses, but I do fly them occasionally because of a lack of other options.  They lack the sophistication and smoothness of the PMDG birds IMHO.  Consequently, I'd rather invest in a quality aircraft from a developer who really does focus on the needs of this community.  I never have and never will feel that way about Aerosoft as they are a simulation company and our niche is just a small part of that.  But I respect those who are Aerosoft fans as we all have our own preferences and experiences.  That said, I'm still more than happy to support PMDG, FSLabs and TFDI as they are working tirelessly to deliver. 

No worries, John... As you mentioned, we all have different preferences and experiences. By your words, it sounds like you've had some bad experience at their  forum , rather than their product. (of course just my guess). Because, in reality their Airbuses are really nice- they've put a lot of work into it. And, as Mathis has said a million times, they are not into modelling every bit of  "will-never-use stuff"  or "stuff the pilot never or rarely uses in real life."  Yes FSL is heavier on systems, but their graphics has a lot to desire. As far as PMDG, they make great a/c; however, it's impossible to compare their Boeings with Aerosoft's or FSL Airbus.. why? Well, because they are completely different a/c and to model them, it's by far a lot more difficult to simulate an Airbus vs a Boeing... That's why today we have 50+ Boeings vs 3 Airbuses.  FSL and Aerosoft have the best Airbuses... PSS is getting there... All the rest have failed. 

Regards!

• Upvote 1

On the plus side Heathrow and Frankfurt are being rolled out in June.   I'd say they are big sellers so they want to get then out soon as possible so the cash cow can be milked some more.

Same as palma, memorca and ibz.

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Your V4 upgrading from the likes of PMDG, FSLABS, etc that are "free" have indeed been paid for. Theyve been built into the original price as it was anticipated V4 was coming. You dont get such a high caliber aircraft with sophisticated code and think its free to V4.  Clearly there is alot of work involved else we would have alot more aircraft for V4 than we do now. 

AS made it clear the buses (released now a few years ago) are old code standards relative to today and especially their soon to be released aircraft. Makes sense to bring them all in line to take advantage of v4 features. Im sure the upgrade fee will be very reasonable. Its no where near the price of the other 100$+ aircraft. 

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Agreed! I think it's more than fair, that Aerosoft is charging an upgrade price for their new V4 products.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

With introduction of dynamic lights in v4 hope fsl does away with fslspostlights in a320 as it gave one additional cause for sim to crash, gpu driver errors etc