Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Aerosoft Buses v4?

5 hours ago, Cai Zicheng said:

They've decided to introduce V4 features and bring it up to A330 product standard, and thus have delayed the A320 series V4 release to July.

August to be precise.

Does no actually read Aerosoft's own publishments. ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Personally I think the price for a PMDG bird is right - to be honest, I think they could charge more!

You are happy to pay double once more...

The PMDG price right? The P3D Version price tag is an effrontery. And it is only so high because they treat their license as a professional license rather than an entertainment license, like everybody else does.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The PMDG price right? The P3D Version price tag is an effrontery. And it is only so high because they treat their license as a professional license rather than an entertainment license, like everybody else does.

Where do you get your information from? I'd like a source on that claim...

Why don't you refrain from commenting and criticizing efforts and policies you don't really know anything about.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have a feeling, that many people don't really realise just how much effort and work that goes into making these aircrafts.

PMDG has made an airplane (several actually) which not only expands but breaks the limits of what was thought possible when recreating commercial airplanes in FSX/P3D. If you study the whole simulation, you'd quickly realize, that the depth and integrity of the aircraft is simply beyond anything. 
That the whole simulation can be contained with the limits of the ESP engine, is actually quite amazing. If you take the Airline2Sim course, you can see just how deep the simulation goes. 

Yes - I stand by what I said. PMDG charges a very fair price IMO! You're basically running a whole simulator, within a simulator. 
In my honest opinion, they could easily be justified in charging more. 

This is just my personal and humble opinion! 

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Aerosoft have always been generous when it comes to updates. If they charge an update fee for the A320 line, well good on them.

Do flight simmers belong to some sort of cult religion ?  Orthodox Tight Asses ?

• Upvote 4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

24 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Do flight simmers belong to some sort of cult religion ?  Orthodox Tight Asses ?

LOL!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Where do you get your information from? I'd like a source on that claim...

Why don't you refrain from commenting and criticizing efforts and policies you don't really know anything about.

It was discussed in depth when they made the port over to P3D. As far as I understood a long discussion with their legal department and their licensing partners lead to a prize 50% higher for the same software under a different license because Lockheed offcially doesn't sell P3D as entertainment software. All other developers ignore that, PMDG does not.

The higher prize is basically simply a legal fee and had nothing to do with extra work that was needed for a port to P3D.

• Upvote 1

If my memory serves me right, Aerosoft did not charge its customers when others did for P3D versions of their aircraft. And still you are not paying anything extra for the P3D versions compared to FSX version.. So it seems fair to me at the moment, since they said they are not only upgrading it to be compatible with V4, but also taking it to the A330 standards.

• Upvote 2

Ahmet Can

4 minutes ago, costamesa said:

If my memory serves me right, Aerosoft did not charge its customers when others did for P3D versions of their aircraft. And still you are not paying anything extra for the P3D versions compared to FSX version.. So it seems fair to me at the moment, since they said they are not only upgrading it to be compatible with V4, but also taking it to the A330 standards.

Isn't that something? No, not something- A Lot !!!! Aerosoft is Awesome, from head to toe. lol 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Isn't that something? No, not something- A Lot !!!! Aerosoft is Awesome, from head to toe. lol 

Amen to that! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I think the AS Buses are exceptional value for what they offer. Yes not as in-depth and not quite as polished as the PMDG offering bit not bad at all for the price. I am more than happy to pay for the upgrade. The great news is that not only is it becoming V4 compatible but getting later tech from their A330 development.

Not sure how people expect these businesses to remain viable and develop new products for us if they don't charge for their work. 

Really looking forward to the release of this.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

8 hours ago, carlito777 said:

And it will be a paid upgrade. Too bad. As I have bought the FSLabs A320, I'm not willing to pay for the upgrade. Would have been nice to still have the Aerosoft busses in v4 as a performance friendly alternative to the FSLabs. Oh well. Guess I have to write off that investment...

Surely it depends how much the upgrade price is?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I love the AS A320. Will happily pay. Bought the original plane for 20 pounds a bargain!

Don't need complex versions. Heavier on the FPS and they are more button/switch simulators. Just my view.

• Upvote 1

I flew that old crusty Aerosoft A320 to the moon and back several times. I got more than my money's worth.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Will they add a second (right-side) FMC finally?