Sign in to follow this  
super jet 100

How big is the difference between location of navaids in XP11 and real life?

I've read somewhere that navaids in XP11 are not georeferenced, especially in Europe. Does that mean I can't use Jeppesen charts that I have in FliteStar/FliteMap software to navigate inside the simulator?

Is it fixable somehow? 

thanks

I'm using Forflight (flying app for pilot) and it matches USA precisely. It also has gereferenced approach plates which again matches precisely with X-plane

Here is the app

https://www.foreflight.com/

Here is how I connect it:

https://support.foreflight.com/hc/en-us/articles/204115525-How-do-I-connect-to-the-X-Plane-flight-simulator-

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 hours ago, super jet 100 said:

I've read somewhere that navaids in XP11 are not georeferenced, especially in Europe.

Where did you read that ? It doesn't make any sense. Georeferenced only means that they have coordinates in a known geographical system. And of course they have, else, how could X-Plane place them on the map ?

Now, at worst, some coordinates could be wrong, or some navaids could be missing. The only way X-Plane could be totally wrong would be if it used a wrong coordinate system to interpret the data, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Pascal

I have looked at 3 VOR''s in the USA, spotting them visually, and they are actually in the correct location, or at least within a few seconds of being in the right place.

Agree, in the USA they are fine.  The only downside is XP uses the exact service volumes for different types of VOR's, so you'll find you can't receive it father out at altitude like you can in the real world.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Most navaids I've used in both the US and Europe have been very accurate according to the charts, although I have found some missing. In addition, if you are using the GPS or some other FMS, the navdata is often updatable from Navigraph/Aerosoft, but this adds them as waypoints to the GPS but not as actual navaids (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I have also noticed the occasional misaligned ILS, but it could also be a bad airport. 

I've found a few in the wrong spot, where they've interfered with the airport I was working on. However, reporting it as a bug, and giving in-depth info on where it should be, will result in LR fixing it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Nice when doing an airport in ED using google pic as background. Draw a circle around navaid. export to xplane load airport and there is the navaid right in the middle of the circle, of course that all depends on how accurate you did the runways and lined up the scenery, but nice when it works.