Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Where's the snow??

I'm not sure if I got some texture problems or not. Just noticed on a flight from KDEN to KMDW, that there is no snow around Denver. I didn't hit any snow until somewhere between Grand Island, Nebraska and Lincoln, Nebraska. Then did some testing.....Rapid City, SD....no snow. Helena, Montana.....snow on the mountains, but not aroung the city. Is this normal or do I have a problem? It's hard winter so I would expect snow around Denver, Montana, and SD.Rick

That's just how it is... I noticed the same thing. Unless the weather report is reporting snowfall in areas like Denver, it

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Scott,Where did you get that map? I would like to check out and see what areas should have snow. Can you point me in the right direction?Thanks!Rick

Well you are better off than here in Australia at least with FS2004. In their infinite wisdom M$ have decided that Australia does not have snow even in areas above 1700 metres that in the real world have snow lasting four to five months in most years. Fortunately there is a fix, replace seasons.bgl with the FS2002 seasons.bgl and voil

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Int he FS9 Terrain SDK there is a tool called "tmfviewer". This tool can be used to look at the seasons.bgl and regions.bgl files. Note that these files have world-wide coverage. Also the data isn't too fine-tuned. A post in the FSX forum indicated that it will be better in FSX.I did a zoom and screen shot which I loaded into Global Mapper (GIS software) then put a vector "map" over it (in tmfviewer, all you get is the lat/long so it can be difficult to visualize).Note that tmfviewer shows the seasonal texture converage on a monthly basis (1-12 = Jan - Dec). It doesn't tell you the exact day that the seasons change.scott s..