Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

P3D V4 AI Traffic

Hello all. I did not find a lot of up to date info via a search, so wanted to start a new thread. Personally, the only thing I am now missing from my sim is AI traffic. And it does not seem any of the developers of AI traffic software are in much of a hurry to get this issues addressed. 

For me, flying in an empty world is not all that great. Doable? Sure. But when you land at KATL and you are the only aircraft on the field, it reminds me why I am not heavily invested in XP11. 

So what's the latest scoop? I know UTLive is "out", which I purchased thinking it would be along reasonably quickly, but not much activity there. 

I can't be alone in this dilemma. Thanks for your time and valuable feedback. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I wonder what kind of search you did, there are already several threads discussing AI traffic in v4. So, short: UT2 works, UTLive works, MyTraffic works and as long as you stick to FSX-native models, also WOAI will work. Personally, I simply migrated my P3Dv3.4 UT2 and everything is fine.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

you have to remember UT2 Live is live traffic real world not sim time , so if your flying in a area that is 12am local there wont be much in the air, you need to plan your flights with UT2 Live where its peak flying periods or look at the map and see where the largest amount of AI traffic is

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I Installed MyTraffic inV4 and it is working fine.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

13 minutes ago, jeansy said:

you have to remember UT2 Live is live traffic real world not sim time , so if your flying in a area that is 12am local there wont be much in the air, you need to plan your flights with UT2 Live where its peak flying periods or look at the map and see where the largest amount of AI traffic is

UT2 Live is not live traffic real world, dunno where you got that idea from.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

from their forums, beta testers forum and product description and it can be confimed by using real world flight trackers

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I kept its simple and only use MyTrafficX Lite.  Works fine so far for my need.  I never upgrade to MyTraffic 6 from 5.3b, as I did not see the need.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

6 minutes ago, jeansy said:

from their forums, beta testers forum and product description and it can be confimed by using real world flight trackers

Sorry, you are wrong.

"We do not mean to cause any confusion. It is not connected to a data feed, which is limited and does not have worldwide coverage and non-airline traffic." - Steve Halpern

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14645&PID=66710&title=ultimate-traffic-live-preview#66710

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

UTLive is not 'Live' traffic.  It is based on real-world schedules but will not exactly match what you see on a flight tracker. I am not sure when the plans were generated but I would guess no more recent than Winter of 16/17...possibly Summer of 2016.  I have it installed in P3Dv4 and I am happy with it for the moment.  I was using AIFP and using all the Alpha India plans in V3 but this is not working well in V4 as of yet.  Those plans use a lot of FS9 aircraft that do not display correctly in V4.  They are slowly working on converting models to current standards but I have found UTLive is working quite well for me.  There are a number of outdated liveries in UTL but you can easily replace them with different models through their configuration tool.  I am not sure on if/when they will upgrade this for V4, in fact I haven't seen or heard much activity at all regarding the status of UTLive. 

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

It really doesn't matter which product you use as they are all going to have similar issues  This is  because back in 'old' days they all used common models from various creators.  Ultimate Traffic uses some of the MyTraffic models with custom paintschemes.  Both use models from the 'The Fruit Stand' and FAIB groups.  Some models were updated via one SDK, some via another SDK.  Some were never updated

If you are beginning to think it is all a bit of a mess - you would be right.

Ultimate Traffic Live has 96 AI Models - All of which should work in v4

MyTraffic 6.0a has 343 AI models - 300 of which should work in v4 and 43 which won't and may cause a CTD. (Mostly military varients)

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

NOTAM:

Be advised if you are using AI Flight Planner (even the most recent developmental release) and you have installed your BGL-based AI package with the add-on.xml method, AIFP will not find your aircraft, unless one adds the aircraft folder to simobjects.cfg (rather than referencing it as a simobject component in add-on.xml). This is just a temporary workaround until AIFP is eventually updated to fully recognize the LM add-on procedure and file structure.The latest developmental release does recognize P3d V4 as a separate sim and has V4 as an option to create AI traffic BGL files. 

5 hours ago, jeansy said:

Wrong. The scheduled traffic will be there depending on what time of day you set in the sim. It is not 'LIve' as in whatever happening in the skies now is what you get.

7 hours ago, jeansy said:

It is not live!!  Stop falling for Steve H sales patter.  It's an upgraded version of UT2 which has an outdated schedule which occasionally cancels flight of theres some CB's around.

I'll let you into a little secret here, when I go to work tomorrow at my airline we will loose track of our HK flight and our flights going over the pond when they are out of HF coverage,  the only way we can track them is with out contract with SITA and imrasat which Costs a fortune.  

Please don't get confused with the UT Live tag line it's not live!!! It's a gimmick to get unqualified aviation enthusiasts to buy it.  Sure it's got some nice features but it's not "live" and Steve H the developer wont show his face on here because he knows There's a pile of us waiting to grill him about ditching UT2.

You can use UT2 in P3Dv4 you have to update the models to fsx native models.  which can be easily done because if you look at my stream I'm using updated models

Sorry for the rant lads but I spend 12 hour shifts (and have done for 10 Years) fixing delays due to weather, tech and aog aircraft, crews going fatigued, captains being muppets, passengers being fools and ground handlers and fuelers deciding to have a wild card strike, you name it, it happens and its alot more complicated than a few CB's in Orlando causing diverts in October 

By flight 1 calling it "live" is a joke it's not and its very very misleading,  spend an hour doing my job You'll change your minds

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I'm not trying to defend UTL, but their claim was that the schedules match existing airline schedules. Calling the product, anything "live" was a big mistake, as there are at least two other AI add-ons (Lorby's and PSXseecon) that use ADS-B tracking in real time. In any case, UTL is only an advancement over UT2 in that it officially supports P3d V3. The models used are basically the same in UT2 and UTL, although there are updated liveries in UTL. I still place it in quality between My T 6 (which has simpler models, good liveries, less accurate schedules, but with cargo and military traffic and ease of installation) and WOAI (best models, paints and schedules, but high maintenance).

but they dont match.  I worked at easyjet for 8 years before my current job and the easyjet scheds are far from accurate.

my current airline does the occasional adhoc charters so its impossible to "match" schedules.  all they done is buy some data dumps from CH and sabre for some scheduled airlines for a certain month of the year. 

Trust me this year will be my 18th year in aviation i know what im on about

The virgin 15 for example from Lgw to Mco departure times changes from week to week dependent on slots acquired and desired maintenance constraints that the engineering department but on the schedule planners which work a year in advanced on the programme.  

Anyone with access to OCS will tell you that but thats beyond the realm of a 14 year old flight simmer who buys this "live" crap

Its far from accurate, I could pretty much gurantee 95% of this forumn wouldnt be able to explain the difference between a Ferrying Flight and a Positioning flight for example, neither of which are in UT live

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png