Sign in to follow this  

Crashing every time I try to use P3D v4

It was all working perfectly fine, and I was going to try and go for a long haul flight so I woke up nice and early and next thing you know, on the loading screen it stops responding. Then I get into the sim and at 13% of initialization for the PMDG 747 v3 it crashes. I try again and it crashes, and I restart my computer and it crashes, I delete everything that has FS9 in the name within all of my P3D directories and it still crashes. I don't get how it works perfectly fine yesterday and after doing nothing it happens to stop working entirely basically. I was finally able to get in and even change my panel state, then I go into slew mode to get to the right gate and then it crashes. This is why when I'm doing long hauls I get up super early, because of stuff like this that happens too often.

Ok, I just found the source of the problem and it is the ai_player.dll

44 minutes ago, seaniez said:

Ok, I just found the source of the problem and it is the ai_player.dll

Were you able to figure out the fix to this? I am also having the same issue. 

I turned all AI settings in the sim menu to 0%, it seems to work now but I'm saving my flight every 20 minutes because I'm not sure it is quite a solid fix.

13 minutes ago, seaniez said:

I turned all AI settings in the sim menu to 0%, it seems to work now but I'm saving my flight every 20 minutes because I'm not sure it is quite a solid fix.

ok thanks for the update. Are you using any AI traffic addon? I am using UT_Live. I'm not sure if that's the culprit. 

I'm using World of AI but I'm only using that for Vatsim traffic, unfortunately in P3D v4 (I don't know if anyone else has this problem) most of the textures for the WOAI traffic are gone because it has a lot of FS9 liveries and textures

4 minutes ago, seaniez said:

I'm using World of AI but I'm only using that for Vatsim traffic, unfortunately in P3D v4 (I don't know if anyone else has this problem) most of the textures for the WOAI traffic are gone because it has a lot of FS9 liveries and textures

There's your problem.  AI package not only comes with model and texture, they have other things in there as well.  Unless everything is updated, the ai player in p3dv4 can choke on trying to "fly" a incompatible ai model.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I guess this is where I should mention Rob Randazzo's comment about only using addons that have been compiled using the P3D v4 SDK  :wink:

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I guess this is where I should mention Rob Randazzo's comment about only using addons that have been compiled using the P3D v4 SDK  :wink:

Precisely. I am only installing content that is v4-Compliant. Not worth my time trying to stuff 32-bit content into a 64-bit platform. Just asking for trouble. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I as well am getting the ai_player.dll crash.  I have only P3D v4 compliant addons and no traffic addons, just the stock P3Dv4.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:51 PM, seaniez said:

How many times has this been covered.  I reckon there's 10 forum topics on this.

Many ai models are not compatible with v4 this is with ut2 , ut live, traffic 360, skai or any other ai package. You name it wont work.

There is no traffic package available that doesnt have this is issue.  Let me type it again for you 

There is no traffic package available that wont crash your version of p3d v4

The only way to stop the ctd which will give you a aiplayer.dll or ntd.dll crash is to convert ALL the models.

14ppkc-6.png

I have copied the MT6 planes into the P3D folder and vPilot recognizes them and I have no crashes at all.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

I have copied the MT6 planes into the P3D folder and vPilot recognizes them and I have no crashes at all.

So you've tested every single model with vpilot??  When it spawns a saab 2000 or saab 340 or beechcraft 1900??

Because my guess is when it does and if you try and zoom in on it or it Comes within your field of view.... Pow!! That's when it will ctd

14ppkc-6.png

Time to shut this one down.

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors