Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

RAID 0 or OS and P3D on separate SSD

Hi All... Your input please

Building system for P3D with 2 x Samsung Ego 960 250 GB M.2 NVME SSD 

Should I got RAID 0 or Keep Win 10 Pro 64 bit on one Drive and P3D on the other ?

Which is better in  terms of performance ?

Thanks

For simplicity's sake, I say stick with OS and desktop apps on C:, and simulator and other games on D:

I wouldn't consider RAID0 with the SSDs - remember, the only performance factor in simulators which really improves with storage capability is loading times, and I've found SSDs to handle this task quite well on their own. I've never found myself waiting any undue periods of time to load a flight via my older SSD.

You could argue that by consolidating both drives into RAID0, you could better utilize all your available drive space in addition to a speed bump, but if you did go down that road I would recommend a very strong backup process, as you might imagine.

• Upvote 1