Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

Stutter conditions?

Can anyone remind please confirmed stutter conditions in FS9:1) Some wrong placement of files in Addon Scenery folder2) scenery folder containing texture or another scenery folder (or something like that, lol)3) Some wrong placement of land class bgl files.Thanks!

Guest william273

defragging usually helps me but don't know if that's what your problem is. can't hurt to try if you haven't already which you probably have. good luck. william

Thanks, but I meant special conditions that create stutters due to the wrong placement of folders and files in FS9. With all these add-ons it is quite easy to place the mods in the wrong place in FS9.

Guest william273

i thought defragging would put those folders and files in their proper places. that's what causes alot of stutter problems, even in flight simulator. good luck anyway. william

Sorry William, we are talking about totally different issues. But thanks for bringing it up anyway.

Guest william273

it was early in the morning when i responded to your post so i sort of missed exactly what you were saying. now that i read it again i see what you're saying. sorry and hope you get it worked out. william

Hi,> 3) Some wrong placement of land class bgl files.Landclass and mesh files should all be in /scenery folder and there should be no /texture folder for these types of files. A Texture folder in this case produces a memory leak and that could well lead to stutters. I am not sure what you mean by > 2) scenery folder containing texture or another scenery folder (or > something like that, lol)Scenery folder shouldn't contain another scenery or texture folder. Just files. I use following folder structure to keep my addons in:c:/Flight Scenery /Europe /Frankfurt /Scenery /Texture /Rome /Scenery /Texture . . . /USA /Boston /Scenery /Texture /LaGuardia /Scenery /Texture . . . /Mesh /Scenery /LandClass /Scenery . . .and so on... I hope it's clear. :) In /Addon Scenery/Scenery I only keep AFCAD files, nothing else.I recomend using freeware SCM2004 Scenery Manager, file name:scm2004.zip here in the library by Hans Hartmann. It's very easy to use and will keep your scenery.cfg in perfect order. I've had cases when a commercial add-on made a total mess in the said file. Go figure. :)I hope this is what you were asking about? If not, well, it's early morning here... lolRegards,Jure

>it was early in the morning when i responded to your post so>i sort of missed exactly what you were saying. now that i read>it again i see what you're saying. sorry and hope you get it>worked out. williamNp, william. Useful info, init?