Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

Heavy stuttering with Chaseplane when panning!

So I just bought Chaseplane and installed it. First tried out v4, at first I couldn't pan around, but when I set basic controls it panned but was stuttering heavily.

Fired up v3 and same problem. Downloaded a preset but it's still there. Any help? This doesn't happen without Chaseplane.

Do you have Pan View in the sim set to the same control?

e.g. Chaseplane pan X and Y and the sim (P3D) controls pan view both set to the same hat on your joystick.

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Unfortunately, Chaseplane's panning view is very juddery in my experience. Both the stock view system and Ezdok is miles better in that regard. Especially when you're in low framerate scenarios, Chaseplane does significantly worse. However, you can turn down the inertia setting, which does seem to improve it a bit. You can also go a bit further and disable the "advanced features", which seems to make the camera work more like the default system. 

You also want to make sure you give Chaseplane access to as many CPU cores as possible, don't lock it into a single core that's also processing the sim. Because Chaseplane's movement can get really bad under a high CPU load environment. 

And as mentioned above, make sure you don't have double-bindings with the sim's default controls. 

But overall, Chaseplane is the least smooth camera option available, in my experience, though the one with the most features, best UI and best support. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I use default P3D hat switch pan with Chaseplane, no problems here.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I removed the default key binding for the hat switch and that improved it a little bit. I was locked at 30fps and bang on so it wasn't really an fps issue, I will try and play around with the settings a bit today. 

I guess I should look at this as an investment since it's still in Alpha, and hope that they sort these issues out soon. They definitely have the right idea, now it's about fine tuning the execution. :)

• Upvote 1

Quite a while back I had some stuttering when panning, there is a place in Chaseplane where you can speed it up, and that fixed it for me ( I remember that was when I was locked at 30 also)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Are you using Windows 10 game mode with Prepar3D V4 ? I suggest you to disable it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PlaysK said:

Are you using Windows 10 game mode with Prepar3D V4 ? I suggest you to disable it. 

Mate! That was it right there! Thank you so much! Absolutely zero stuttering now. Can't wait to set up my fleet! :)

2 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Mate! That was it right there! Thank you so much! Absolutely zero stuttering now. Can't wait to set up my fleet! :)

You're welcome. I was in the same situation when setting up P3D V4 and found the culprit.
Windows 10 enables the game mode in P3D v4  even if you have done nothing wrong because it's the same executable (prepar3D.exe) as P3D v3.4 (for which I tried to play with it for my fps). Thanks to Keven Menard for pointing the right solution in a post on the chaseplane forum. :)

• Upvote 1

Hi I am using P3d V4.3 and now 4.4 with Chaseplane latest experimental version, and using FSUIPC exclusively to assign controllers,  and have the same issue with very juddery panning in the cockpit. Also when it gets to the final position it almost seems to vibrate back and forth a bit before settling down. I am not using game mode. I have the HAT switch assigned in Chaseplane to P0 P90 P180 P270 and do not have any assignments in FSUIPC that overlap as far as I can see. This does not happen during transitions from one preset to another.

I am not sure what "Chaseplane setting to speed things up" mentioned above  refers to, but I did try altering the master controller settings with no benefit.

Maybe this is just a limitation of my rig.

Greg

Greg Clark

Sorry for this double post to here and  Chaseplane forum as well. I thought this thread which I googled was in the Chaseplane forum, not P3d. Will await an answer over there.

Greg

Greg Clark

On 6/17/2017 at 1:56 AM, PlaysK said:

On 6/17/2017 at 3:17 AM, RancidViper said:

Mate! That was it right there! Thank you so much! Absolutely zero stuttering now. Can't wait to set up my fleet! 🙂

Hello, was this found in the Settings > Gaming > Game Mode page to disable it or somewhere else? I seem to be experiencing the same the issues with P3Dv4.4 and Chasplane when I move my camera around.

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png