Proposed flightplan:

- CMAP (Maple Bay)

- CAX6 (Ganges)

- CAC8 (Nanaimo)

- CAG8 (Pender Harbour)

- CAV7 (Mansons Landing)

- Refuge Cove

The above all require Orbx PNW Region.

BTW, you may also want to install Larry Robinson's PNW AI Ferries while you are getting his Refuge Cove scenery.

If you have not had a look at the Pender Harbour scenery, go fly around there.. it is amazing in its detail and atmosphere :cool:

Bert

I hope someone can jump in and volunteer to put a PLN flightplan together for this... :huh:

Bert

Enroute, after Pender Harbour, take the time to look at Powell River (CYPW) as we fly by.

It is one of a handful of  remaining authentic Mill Towns, that used to litter the coast, back in the days when logging was the main industry.

As for our destination,  Refuge Cove, in Desolation Sound, here is some history:

"Desolation Sound was inhabited by tribes of the Mainland Comox prior to the arrival of Europeans. In the summer of 1792, two expeditions led by Captains George Vancouver, Dionisio Alcalá Galiano and Cayetano Valdés y Flores arrived and cooperated in mapping the sound. Vancouver named it Desolation Sound, cryptically claiming that "there was not a single prospect that was pleasing to the eye"."

Nevertheless, after the flight, here is where you may want to stay for the night, or a few days.. if your credit card allows it..

http://www.homfraylodge.com/

Bert

Flightplan for Bert's route is here.

In order to create a valid flightplan I had to modify the route slightly by adding starting locations recognized by my sim.   The starting point is now Victoria International Seaplane Base (CAP5)  and the final airport is now Surge Narrows SPB (CAG9),

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

This year's prize for the longest flight plan title goes to......(fumble with gold envelope)...Jeff! :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Two Kodaks. First, the Powell River paper mill.

CS_Powell_River.jpg

And second, the Harbour Air Beaver Display Team in action.

CS_Harbour_Air_Display.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

You'd bet the farm he wouldn't have pulled out of that. Not at that altitude! :biggrin:

EDIT: I see his water rudders are down. That would have given him more rudder authority, so maybe it's possible. :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Still have not determined where the Powell River pulp mill came from.

Only some of us had it  :blush:

In my brand new P3D installation, I have now added PNW and Vancouver+.. but no pulp mill...

Bert

56 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

This would have been right at home on this flight. Just a few days late. Checkit

Looks like it was made for the flight!

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

In my brand new P3D installation, I have now added PNW and Vancouver+.. but no pulp mill...

The mill is part of the freeware PNW Ferries add-on.

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137406-ftx-pnw-powell-river-paper-mill-missing-in-action/

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The mill is part of the freeware PNW Ferries add-on.

AHA!  :biggrin:

Bert