Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

First Batch of Carenado Aircraft Ready

I just received an email from Carenado that the first batch (6) of v4 aircraft are ready to be downloaded and installed.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

22 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I just received an email from Carenado that the first batch (6) of v4 aircraft are ready to be downloaded and installed.

Thank you for the heads up.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Well I guess it's gonna be a while before they get to the older ones that I own, like the 208s and KingAirs. Glad they are moving on this.

Do you know which ones they are?  The website doesn't appear to be much help.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

From their face book page.

CARENADO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4

Here is the first batch of updated aircraft for make them usable in P3D version 4.

PA31T CHEYENNE II FSX/P3D
PA46 500TP MALIBU MERIDIAN G1000 HD SERIES FSX/P3D
DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D
500S SHRIKE AERO COMMANDER HD SERIES FSX/P3D
PC12 HD SERIES FSX/P3D
E50P PHENOM 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Serial numbers originally delivered with the purchase are still usable.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided.
Resellers already have them, please allow them one or two days to get them up in their sites.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I've just downloaded the A2A 182 and 250, they installed into the D:\Users\??????\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. Does the Carenado installers do the same.

bob

Oh, the PC-12.  That's good news...I just wonder if all those mods some folks have brilliantly created will work too.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Flashing red beacon doesn't seem to be working with the Phenom.

-- tazz

2 hours ago, onebob said:

I've just downloaded the A2A 182 and 250, they installed into the D:\Users\??????\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. Does the Carenado installers do the same.

bob

No, they don't. They have also not updated the Navigraph versions either. All they did was recompile the .dlls into x64 and point their installer to P3Dv4. 

6 minutes ago, KenG said:

No, they don't. They have also not updated the Navigraph versions either. All they did was recompile the .dlls into x64 and point their installer to P3Dv4. 

Thanks ken , just downloaded and ran the installer, cancelled when I got to the path, will wait.

bob

I feared that would be the case

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

3 hours ago, onebob said:

bob

Did you download several days ago and are just now installing? I brought this to their attention in the forums and they said they had changed the installer to let you choose.

• Upvote 1

I tried about an hour ago, cancelled when i saw the path direct into P3d,  did see a browse option tion but didn't try it , i will try that tomorrow to see if puts the correct entries in.

Bob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Thanks ken , just downloaded and ran the installer, cancelled when I got to the path, will wait.

bob

Looks like you can redirect their installer to the Add-on folder, but you need to have a Carenado folder already created. You will also have to hand create the add-on.xml file. 

2 hours ago, tazz said:

Flashing red beacon doesn't seem to be working with the Phenom.

Your signature banner is to a dead link too.  :ohmy:  Can you fix it?

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10