Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Prepar3D Addon Organizer 0.98 released

Hello @ll,

after using it myself for a while, I have decided to add a numerical control to the "Add Scenery" and "Edit Scenery" dialogs that lets you change the Layer number quickly instead of plodding though several dozen lines with the "up/down" buttons.

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

At the bottom of my load order, I have an entry "Prepar3D Scenery" which is not active. I'm not sure what this layer is. Out of curiosity, I selected it and pushed the Edit Scenery button, which resulted in an Unhandled Exception Error, argument "-1" is out of range. I'm using v0.98. Cheers.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.EditScenery..ctor(SceneryElement toEdit)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.MainDialog.bEditScenery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2098.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
P3DV4AddonOrganizer
    Assembly Version: 0.95.6376.40691
    Win32 Version: 0.95.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Steve/Documents/Prepar3D%20v4%20Add-ons/Lorby-SI%20AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4/P3DV4AddonOrganizer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

59 minutes ago, steve40 said:

Hi Oliver,

At the bottom of my load order, I have an entry "Prepar3D Scenery" which is not active. I'm not sure what this layer is. Out of curiosity, I selected it and pushed the Edit Scenery button, which resulted in an Unhandled Exception Error, argument "-1" is out of range. I'm using v0.98. Cheers.

Reveal hidden contents

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.EditScenery..ctor(SceneryElement toEdit)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.MainDialog.bEditScenery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
P3DV4AddonOrganizer
    Assembly Version: 0.95.6376.40691
    Win32 Version: 0.95.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Steve/Documents/Prepar3D%20v4%20Add-ons/Lorby-SI%20AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4/P3DV4AddonOrganizer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi Steve,

uh, right, sorry about that. This entry is the scenery.cfg root element, it is not a scenery area at all. I will see to it that it can't be called up for editing.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks for all your work...I still have P3Dv3.4 installed.  I don't want to have to re-install all my Scenery for V4 doubling my precious SSD space, rather, share  the files that already exist...please direct me to the appropriate post if I missed it.

I originally thought that this tool was designed to reference scenery locations wherever they are and yet I read:

"Note: local paths that were referencing scenery in your old similator is not imported, and neither are duplicate entries or invalid folders."

How will this tool help me with tons of "local folder path" references in my v3 Scenery.cfg?

Please advise  

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

21 minutes ago, hesynergy said:

Thanks for all your work...I still have P3Dv3.4 installed.  I don't want to have to re-install all my Scenery for V4 doubling my precious SSD space, rather, share  the files that already exist...please direct me to the appropriate post if I missed it.

I originally thought that this tool was designed to reference scenery locations wherever they are and yet I read:

"Note: local paths that were referencing scenery in your old similator is not imported, and neither are duplicate entries or invalid folders."

How will this tool help me with tons of "local folder path" references in my v3 Scenery.cfg?

Please advise  

Thanks,

Chas

Hello Chas,

This tool was designed to manage all your current addons, not only scenery. The import function of an old scenery.cfg is just a convenience method, not the main purpose. The import might not help you at all, depending on how your old setup was built.

The text snippet above is only relevant to the import function. What it means by "local" is "relative". All paths in that old scenery.cfg that are not fully qualified (D:\...\MyScenery) will be ignored, because they are relative to where your old Prepar3D.exe was. There is not much point in trying to import this, if you decide to remove your old simulator installation, those sceneries will probably be gone as well.

I admit, that wording is unfortunate. It has nothing to do whatsoever with the tag "Local=" in the scenery.cfg!

Edit: I have rephrased that paragaph in the documentation now.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thank you sir, 

Allow me to direct the readers attention to a RR, "Capt. PMDG Fleet's Statement lest we get uppity about performance hits and even trashed V4 installs after Willy-Nilly "COPY-to- satisfy a scenery Icandy need"

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Guess its up  to users to do  what  they like

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, hesynergy said:

Thank you sir, 

Allow me to direct the readers attention to a RR, "Capt. PMDG Fleet's Statement lest we get uppity about performance hits and even trashed V4 installs after Willy-Nilly "COPY-to- satisfy a scenery Icandy need"

Chas

That bit is actually a little bit funny, as PMDG themselves chose to use the "old" installation method for their own products, saving all their stuff right into the main simulator directory. Contrary to A2A or, even better example, RealAir, who already externalized their prodcuts in P3D V3.

That is the real beauty when using the external installation and configuration method - you can just turn every addon off if it doesn't work out - as long as you did not plonk it right into your base simulator folders.

Also for the reader: the Lorby Addon Organizer is not intended to be used for shoehorning old content into a new sim. This tool is primarily designed to allow you to install your addons outside of the simulator and link them to the simulator with external configuration files - and for changing the scenery layer order, which otherwise is currently very hard to do.

But as there are many people who see this as a hobby, and like to try things out, the AO offers convenience methods to do just that, without running the risk of trashing your sim - if you do it right.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Hi Lorbi_SI (Hallo Oliver :biggrin:) ...... Many, many, many thanks to you for this - from my point of view as a non-developer and only an user - BRILLIANT TOOL !!!!

And you delivered it in the right moment for my private use.  Because yesterday i've trialed and errored with some old scenery stuff, getting it ready for the new scenery - install convention by Lockheed Martin for P3Dv4. Wich is - besides all it get to used it problems - ingeniously (at least from my perspective in terms of an long haul user).

I can highly recommend this to all the P3dv4 simmers out there: Do it from start on the right, new way and you'll have minimal probs in the future regading to new installs of P3D, new OS installes in general, or other major computer issues.  Once done in the right way, every scenery is on its right and save place and you won't have to do all the new install orgy once again, and it stays there even if everything else is messed up.

Besides of the obvious benefits the new " Prepar3D v4 Add-ons " - folder gives you quick access and overview about ALL your addons, sceneries, aircrafts, etc... which are installed;  and maybe IF you get problems with sim performance suddenly, the new scenery convention makes it much more easier to find the culprit (if the issue lays there), and Developers have less arguments to resort to excuses in future, regarding if their addons are not working as indicated (reminds me on the past as nearly every one alleged: " Ah, its the problem of FSX and its old core, ah, its the problem of the user, etccc....) because their leaking software becomes more obvious.

And the last point - from my private perspective - it really makes fun to get the sim ready in this new kind of way.

Best regards to all of you,

Klaus

• Upvote 1