Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

P3D v4 stutters after ~3-4 hours of flight

1 minute ago, KenVerburg said:

And this is after a multiple of hours, not right from the start, correct? Because as far as I know everybody has this after a few hours.

No, I get stutters as soon as I takeoff.

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, KenVerburg said:

And this is after a multiple of hours, not right from the start, correct? Because as far as I know everybody has this after a few hours.

Correct.  The stutters (at least for me) started on long haul routes after about 4 hours.  They are now completely gone!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

11 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I'll check later today. I already uninstalled Desktop Charts and I'm still getting stutters....Will report back.

IIRC SimLink is executed after the install of Charts Desktop beta (using Jeppesen charts) and will show as a separate entry in Programs and Features (at least it did for me) so it's likely that it remained when Desktop Charts was removed.  I have the Charts Desktop Beta still installed (and working wonderfully I might add) and just removed SimLink from Add/Remove / Programs and Features.

8 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

Correct.  No stutters on short rotations but after leaving the sim running for a few hours the stutters start and it appears almost like a "rhythmic pulse" where the sim would briefly pause every second or so.

Just now, ProfessorMadman said:

IIRC SimLink is executed after the install of Charts Desktop beta (using Jeppesen charts) and will show as a a separate entry in Programs and Features (at least it did for me) so it's likely that it remained when Desktop Charts was removed.  I have the Charts Desktop Beta still installed (and working wonderfully I might add) and just removed SimLink from Add/Remove / Programs and Features.

Weird because I didn't see SimLink in the Add/Remove / Programs and Features.

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, Le Français said:

Weird because I didn't see SimLink in the Add/Remove / Programs and Features.

In the event you weren't already aware, it is listed in Add/Remove Programs as "Navigraph Simlink 1.0.1.0615".  If you looked alphabetically for "Simlink", you passed it.

Edit: However instead of removing it (which is just fine, if that is what you prefer) you can disable the .dll from loading by editing the Add-ons.cfg file in the \\AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4 folder.  Just change the "ACTIVE=" switch from "true" to "false", save the file, then you are good to go.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Looks like it's not there....

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\TEST\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR Miami Int'l KMIA P3dv4
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Users\TEST\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Flightbeam - KMSP
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

But if you have the issue from the beginning of the session and all others WITH Simlink are having it after a few hours of flying, do you not then have a different issue, which at least can't be solved in this way?

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

12 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

But if you have the issue from the beginning of the session and all others WITH Simlink are having it after a few hours of flying, do you not then have a different issue, which at least can't be solved in this way?

Hey Kenneth.  The stutter issue related to Simlink seems to have a very repeatable scenario with most users I've been reading about only starting to get stutters after about 3-4 hours during long haul flights.  I can't possibly know for sure if in some computer configurations Simlink casues problems right away, but the data seems to indicate this may be something else.

Be sure to peruse the Navigraph forums since that is ground zero for this discussion right now.

Doug Miannay

I also have the issue after multiple hours, I just uninstalled Simlink and will try a flight soon. But I was referring to Le Français' issue. Should have used quote :)

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands