Sign in to follow this  
byork

RAAS for P3D V4 (64 Bit) Released!

Hi,

The make runway readme file specifies that due to the new way P3D v4 installs the scenery a third party "addon organizer" is required so that the addon airports can be seen by make runway. This stands only for the addon sceneries and not for the stock sceneries.

I have always been very careful with installations in my sims only installing genuine things and after having checked for postential troubles (which granted me years for stable use with FSX then FSX:SE),  and therefore was very reluctant to install an addon that I was worried could possibly mess up my scenery library.

Though I have only a few sceneries installed in P3D v4 (only the ones that have been truly modified or designed for v4), I did eventually install that addon organizer and so far it seems to work ok. No mess in my scenery library.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hmmm...I am sorry Bryan but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I actually don't mind paying for a new version of RAAS or the FS2Crew applications, with new features or improvements (like the NGXv2), but nearly full price for a compatibility update?  I have already bought the NGX version twice, i am loathed if i will buy it again just to get it working in V4.  I have purchased everyone of your products, but this time, sorry, i will either wait for a sale or do without.

I don't think that this supporting 6 different systems will last long, i think that (as certain developers have already mentioned) it will soon be back to 3 maybe even two, P3Dv4 and X-Plane 11...not sure about FSW.

• Upvote 6

Ian R Tyldesley

I could understand how it feels to be paying for something 3 different times for the same product.  It's choice you make wether it worth your hard earn money to enjoy what you want or otherwise. When a developer do a upgrade it's a blessing that we get it for free. FSCREW has been top notch all the way to the end with all of their products. Keep in mind, any products put out there is only as good as there service and support. This is priceless!  

Thank you Ryan for all that you do.  

David

1 hour ago, davjg said:

I could understand how it feels to be paying for something 3 different times for the same product.  It's choice you make wether it worth your hard earn money to enjoy what you want or otherwise. When a developer do a upgrade it's a blessing that we get it for free. FSCREW has been top notch all the way to the end with all of their products. Keep in mind, any products put out there is only as good as there service and support. This is priceless!  

Thank you Ryan for all that you do.  

David

I agree with everything you have said David,  Bryan provides outstanding support and service.

To be clear, i don't mind paying an upgrade fee, my problem is that we are expected to pay almost full price again.  I had a major problem when PMDG did the same thing from FSX to P3D, the brutal (and somewhat unfair) truth is that i can't sim without the PMDG products; unfortunately and although it will be a more empty experience  i can manage without FS2Crew.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

My RAAS comes with the 777 Pro package, so when that one is updated, I will then consider, given that it's a new purchase.  I guess the free version that comes with the PMDG 777 is now available there as well.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Where or when do we already have access to a new version of Makerunways.exe?

I tried to use the current one, Hit or miss, but it didn't worked :| 

btw. I think it was a very good decision to leave the 32Bit environment with a - till here free updates - policy and more important; 

Your products are very awesome and people whining about 35 EUR as an investment wich before has been for about 8 years, (FS2009 - P3 DV3) should just stop whining :D.

I mean 35 EUR for 8 years means ~ 4.3 € a YEAR. So stop bi***ng. (had to be said)

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

37 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

My RAAS comes with the 777 Pro package, so when that one is updated, I will then consider, given that it's a new purchase.  I guess the free version that comes with the PMDG 777 is now available there as well.

I sent PMDG the files for the "locked" 747 and 777 version.  It's whenever they release them.

The RAAS available on the FS2Crew website works with all aircraft.

Cheers,

45 minutes ago, 30K said:

Where or when do we already have access to a new version of Makerunways.exe?

Hi,

I installed the one from here in P3D v4 and it works fine. It has been updated:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRwys.zip

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

12 hours ago, byork said:

The long and short answer is that that 64 bit version requires maintaining new code and new files.  Converting complex code like RAAS to 64 bits is a lot more complex than just flipping a switch I'm afraid.  

5 hours ago, byork said:

If only the users knew just how complicated this stuff is...

GLOL.

6 hours ago, byork said:

PayPal accepts credit cards.  You don't need a PayPal account.

PayPal will flat out not process for me, logged in or just with my name, billing address or any of my cards.

Had an incident where they somehow insisted my ID wasn't legitimate (which was ridiculous since it was my passport which I travel on frequently?!) and since then I've been outright blocked/blacklisted.  I actually emailed you some time ago about this, and was advised by you to purchase from simmarket instead for future purchases (5th of May last year) so unfortunately my post still stands :(

Once PayPal decide they don't want you, that's it - there's no appeals process (at least no more than a sham one), nobody you can talk to, they won't tell you a thing about their reasoning or provide evidence to support their decision, and they are VERY good at stopping you using any of their services, so if a website only processes via PayPal, I can no longer buy via that website. It is not a choice, I simply can't use it in any way - and believe me, I've tried.

Mark Fox

59 minutes ago, byork said:

I sent PMDG the files for the "locked" 747 and 777 version.  It's whenever they release them.

The RAAS available on the FS2Crew website works with all aircraft.

Cheers,

I think he probably means the "Captain's Set"

I don't mind paying for updates, and Brian has been good to me over the years working with me on some stuff when I did something dumb, but if every fs2crew product is going to be full price (or all but) to upgrade to the v4 version I think I'll have to join the group waiting for a sale.  You're obviously welcome to charge what you want, and I understand that your time is valuable (Hell, I charge $250/hr to work on people's desktop computers if they ###### ###### up, but that's only because I'm a linux sysadmin and I hate doing windows desktop stuff, not to mention I haven't professionally worked with Windows in 10 years, so I price myself out of it) but I do think nearly full price for an upgrade might be asking a bit much from loyal customers.  I dunno.  Just my $0.02, adjusted for inflation.  I still picked up the new RAAS so I probably shouldn't be listened to anyways haha.

-stefan

Thanks for the heads up.

Although I have every product of yours, I will pass on this one, RAAS is not that essential to pay over 30 euro for the second time. The one that comes with 777 and 747 will be just fine. 

pc 

• Upvote 4

Pawel Cichminski

I fully support Mr. York and will purchase this new 64 bit RAAS program (and many other FS2Crews).  If everyone paid a full price for the new P3Dv4 simulator, rather than an upgrade, why do you feel entitled to upgrade pricing for add-ons?  This is a new simulator.  I could understand this some for P3D v1-3 that were pretty similar, but 64 bit is a whole new world and new code required.  I'm very grateful that many of the upgrades have been free so far, but I was not expecting that.  And with the exception of PMDG, they're almost all scenery.  Textures files don't really change in 64 bit...gauge coding does a lot.  Take a look at the large number of things that aren't out yet.  FSL A320, Majestic Dash 8, VRS Superbug, etc.  A lot of them have posted that they are contemplating a charge for the new versions.  This isn't a simple copy a paste this time with the 64 bit upgrade. 

If money is the issue, then I hate to be blunt, but it will be cheapest to stick with the current version of P3D/FSX you already own. 

Eric Szczesniak

Oh yeah. Thanks for the update Brian! RAAS is a must have :-)