Sign in to follow this  
Elvensmith

DC10 - ILS Issue in FS9

I dug the old Aerosim DC10-40 out of my FS9 collection to do Platinum Airways current DOTW into Phuket. On the approach to Phuket I had the AP lined up with the localiser, flying down the pipe until my Mark One eyeballs gleaned I was several yards abeam of RWY27. Cue frantic switch to manual control, yanking the joystick across to the let and trying to get the AT disconnected with the other hand. Lined back up, 140 knots, hit F1 but the thing was just floating above the runway, in the end I had to point down and hope for the best.

Can anyone recall if this was an issue with the Aerosim fleet, or is it possible Phuket is set up incorrectly in default FS9?

No it is correct in the default, as it is an offset localiser by 1deg. Set your localiser to 266 degrees. Look up the charts on line.