Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Kunath

Operations Center Update Failure

I ran through all suggested solutions once more. No, doesn't work.
I really appreciate the effort from PMDG support to solve the issue. Thanks.

Regards
Thomas Mansson

Weird thing is, I managed to get it to work just fine. I'm also in the United States, so I don't know if that changes anything, given....

On 6/19/2017 at 7:51 AM, coolken said:

This is an EU server problem!

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, Tabs said:

Everyone - this issue appears to be confined to the German Amazon CloudFront edge servers somehow from what we're seeing. We just re-pushed the update files out to all of the edge servers worldwide - please try again now and let us know if it still fails. If it does, we're going to have to get in touch with Amazon's support - the issue is not happening elsewhere in the world from what we've seen.

Thanks. Updated without any problems now.

Rgds Jan Thorsen

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, javsira said:

Rgds Jan Thorsen

I can not confirm! Same mistake!

13 hours ago, javsira said:

Hi Jan, 

Are you in Germany?

2 hours ago, harvester21 said:

Hi Jan, 

Are you in Germany?

Location Norway.

Maybe I should have posted here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512677-pmdg-747-update-error/

I did have problems with updating both the operation center and 747. In the heat of all it is possible the operation center was updated before the post where PMDG support re-pushed the files to servers, but I was only able to update the 747 after. Sorry for the confusion.

Rgds Jan

I am sitting in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean  (well actually Samoa) which is half a world away from Germany and cannot update despite trying all suggestions! Previously I have done so without problems, including the latest 747. So no it is not working for me.

I had all manner of problems with the Operations Center on a clean install on a new hard drive, finally managed to get it to install, but would not update the aircraft, finally fixed after I contacted PMDG, they suggested ....

1. Go to Control Panel/Internet Options, then the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the very bottom of the list of settings.

2. Ensure that Use TLS 1.2 is selected on (which was), and all the others are selected OFF.

I deselected the others, and it connected and worked. Not saying it will work for everyone, but worked for me.

Andy Marrs

On 6/22/2017 at 7:14 PM, manderson said:

I am sitting in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean  (well actually Samoa) which is half a world away from Germany and cannot update despite trying all suggestions! Previously I have done so without problems, including the latest 747. So no it is not working for me.

Nameless,

I reached out to Amazon to see if we cannot find out precisely from which location Samoa is being served.  Not surprisingly I was told "it depends on traffic flow."

There ARE some disruptions rippling through Asia right now, but none of the information they provided offered any suggestion as to whether it should or should not affect you.

The best suggestion I have at this point is:  Give it a shot occasionally until it returns.  It WILL return, it is likely a problem with the routing of data to your (rather remote) location.

One other suggestion (that I cannot teach you to do, or officially support, etc etc for legal reasons) is to try using an IP address changing tool (Hide My A** Pro or some such) to use an IP located someplace else- and see if that cures the issue for you....

Sorry we can't seem to do more for you.  In theory having a global distribution network with the power of Amazon should make us immune to these issues- but as you can see- sometimes the global flow of traffic conspires to make it hard.

PS:  PLEASE SIGN YOUR NAME TO YOUR POSTS SO I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE YOUR POSTS DISAPPEAR LIKE INTERNET TRAFFIC HEADED TO SAMOA!  :biggrin:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com