Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA Presets Megathread

Hi all,

A few of you have suggested that there be a section for you to share your PTA presets, so I've created this topic to do just that.

Make sure when you post you include what version of PTA your preset is compatible with, any textures you're using, your HDR settings & also perhaps include some screenshots of what it looks like.

I'll eventually merge this into the PTA community part of the tool once it's ready.

Thanks,

Mat.

• Upvote 5

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

pta_25_01_01_1350.jpg

Adam_PTA_25_01 - very much a "work in progress" preset for P3Dv4/PTA 2.51. As yet, neither of the two texture systems that I use (REX and FEX) have been updated for P3Dv4, so this preset was tweaked for DEFAULT P3Dv4 sky/cloud textures.

http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

Adam.

• Upvote 4

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

THIS is the thread I have been waiting for. Cheers!

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

For us HDR deniers here it would be great if there was a big HDR On or Off designation with each preset.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

20 minutes ago, gboz said:

For us HDR deniers here it would be great if there was a big HDR On or Off designation with each preset.

I totally sympathise - I used to hate HDR with a vengeance! The problem is that it affects almost every parameter in a very dramatic way - and there are some tweaks that simply won't work with HDR disabled.

However - I found my main problem with HDR was bloom, so my presets generally have it set very low. My 25_01 preset has it at a minimal 0.10.

Adam.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I totally sympathise - I used to hate HDR with a vengeance! The problem is that it affects almost every parameter in a very dramatic way - and there are some tweaks that simply won't work with HDR disabled.

Thanks Adam, guess I should be a little more tolerant then.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Adam , it is also important to add if VolFog was used or not. In P3Dv4 VolFog removes a lot of the haze in the distance.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

My presets are made for use with photoscenery  ( There is a Daytime set and a Nighttime set . Use VolFog On if you want less haze/raleigh scattering ). 

http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2 P3Dv4 - Gerard.rar  

The DL link seems not to work correctly so copy the above into your browser.

Rotterdam

PTA2 P3Dv4 screenshot 2.jpg 

The Hague - Scheveningen

PTA2 P3Dv4 screenshot 1.jpg 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Adam.

Thank you, Adam, for sharing I am using you PTA preset and looks amazing  I just have a question about how to make the clouds colors a little whiter, my looks a little too brownish, more like smoke I guess has to do with how my displays are calibrated, thanks again for a great job.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I have Adam's set from the old P3D version with some tweaks I made to it to suit my taste. Once I move to P3Dv4 in the first week of July I will be purchasing Matt's new PTA version. I am assuming using old presets are a no go. So is there a way to run both side by side and manually make the changes based off the settings in the old version. I would just start from the top and work my way down in the UI. 

Eric 

On 2017-6-18 at 2:40 PM, B777ER said:

I have Adam's set from the old P3D version with some tweaks I made to it to suit my taste. Once I move to P3Dv4 in the first week of July I will be purchasing Matt's new PTA version. I am assuming using old presets are a no go. So is there a way to run both side by side and manually make the changes based off the settings in the old version. I would just start from the top and work my way down in the UI. 

No, you should be ok with the old presets assuming they don't use any equations in the settings.. you can easily check this by going through each one and seeing of they simply have a decimal setting, or something more 'exotic' in which case you can rest that value to default or something of you own choosing..

On 2017-6-18 at 2:40 PM, B777ER said:

No, you should be ok with the old presets assuming they don't use any equations in the settings.. you can easily check this by going through each one and seeing of they simply have a decimal setting, or something more 'exotic' in which case you can reset that value to default or something of you own choosing..

7 hours ago, stripealipe said:

No, you should be ok with the old presets assuming they don't use any equations in the settings.. you can easily check this by going through each one and seeing of they simply have a decimal setting, or something more 'exotic' in which case you can reset that value to default or something of you own choosing..

What is your statement based on ?

Thanks

I had been using an older preset from Mamedov Gennadiy. I'm unsure of what version it was created in, but it contained equations in certain sections that changed at altitude etc. PTA 2.5 loaded the preset up and would apply it too, but it messed up the sim and displayed wrongly.. so i replaced these values with standard ones and all was fine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.