Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

First Foray into Western Europe

Just one tile to go...and soon my first flight over France.  Can anybody who lives in France suggest the best source for that country?  

Untitled.png

42 minutes ago, captain bligh said:

I use google it has better colours than bing

I'm using GO2 right now for the series...but..I wonder if Google is starting to seriously throttle these download paths.

I am trying to generate a tile around Paris, and with using GO2, it is downloading and converting a jpg, every 10 to 15 seconds with a delay of that time in between. It is taking an hour or more, to now generate one tile. With BI(ng), it would take no more than 15-20 minutes at zl17/19/2.

I can't believe that the tile that captures Paris is so involved, that it is taking Ortho4XP so long to convert/compile each .jpg picture to a DDS file.  Could be..or..are sources now starting to throttle?  I wonder...

i live in France and have scanned the whole of france at 35cms /pixel for fsx however there is certainly a problem trying to do the same for XP level 17 is nearly impossible, i do not yet know if it is a problem with GO2 or ortho4xp but what was a simple operation for fsx has nopw become  a task. must try to get to the root of the problem. I have in the past had problems with google but that was 2 years ago.

Nigel Porter

simhaven. group see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493455508243014

On 6/17/2017 at 10:48 AM, captain bligh said:

i live in France and have scanned the whole of france at 35cms /pixel for fsx however there is certainly a problem trying to do the same for XP level 17 is nearly impossible, i do not yet know if it is a problem with GO2 or ortho4xp but what was a simple operation for fsx has nopw become  a task. must try to get to the root of the problem. I have in the past had problems with google but that was 2 years ago.

Hi Captain...well, I was successful at zl17/19/2 by using GO2 (the Google sat server)  It took some time for the tile to generate around Paris..but it did.  I'm about to take my first flight in the 18 tiles I did generate, as you see above.

If it did not turn out...(haven't seen them yet...) then I will re-cut at zl16/18/2 and see if that is successful.