Sign in to follow this  
Bray

737NG Opensky = Super

Simmers,Opensky did it again. A super freeware airplane. The 737-800 my favourite airplane. There is a normal variant with and without eyebrowe windows, and a winglet one with the same features.The FDE is good, it climbs good with and without autopilot, and, even with the normal FDE (there is also an easy FDE for novice pilots) a very good to handle airplane. The AOA at cruise altitude is also good.The airplane at the outside is very good detailed. Flexing wings and a pull/push tractor to push the airplane in position on the ramp.Opensky now competes with the payware, like PMDG. Good job!!! Opensky rules :-beerchugRegards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

while I am sure it is good to look at, no VC or detailed panel, no PMDG comparison

Guest dpc

:-lol Ya, I gotta agree with you there. It may look nice but I like to fly from the inside. Gets kinda cold out there. -Dave

HelloGet real Jeroen, how does this compete with PMDG there is no VC and no FMC and no advanced system modeling, please explain ?

"Get real Jeroen, how does this compete with PMDG there is no VC and no FMC and no advanced system modeling, please explain"Take it easy folks--perhaps he's just excited about the model. People come from all walks, levels of experience and all areas of interest here and have different ways of expressing themselves and their joy over these releases. -John

Guest Jimbofly

Looking forward to downloading it!James

One of the items lacking in so many aircarrier is appropriate ground turn radius. PMDG is on my horizon. Does it have the realistic ground turning capability? The POSKY definitely has it.Yes, there is a time and place for the VC and FMS. But then there is a time for fun and airmanship. When was the last time you did a dead stick landing from 10,000 ft in a 737? Now thats flying and being one with your machine!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

I like it! Downloaded it and added the Panel of my choice and the Sounds of my choice (lots of 737's over the years). The FDE and the outside of the plane are both superb. Great 737. So good..........that I may make it my default plane at my home airport (KABE)when I start up!

>while I am sure it is good to look at, no VC or detailed>panel, no PMDG comparisonI have to agree, looks nice, but with no VC there is no point in checking it out for me, but thanks for the HU!When I first started civil simming years ago I used to fly the heavies and loved the old POSKY models.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I tried it, and happen to like it, I can add my favorite 2D panel and sound and I'm just fine with it . . . I'm not nuts about VC's anyway .Only fault I can find to this point is the brakes seem very touchy and the front wheel likes to go beneath ground upon applying the brakes . . . any fix's for that?Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

even though I havent flown it in a while, the posky 757 has a VC as use to be my favorite aircraft, still is in the top 10. its awesome

Thanx John,For the support. As for Maddog. I'm a regular virtual NG pilot (for 6 years). I don't care for VC. It takes to many framerates and there are very good 2D panels with great sideviews. And about the PMDG panel. It's too complicated. You have to study a FMC manual with 100 pages, and when you want to fly, it takes a half an hour to start up the engines. Waist of time when you just want to be airborne.I use the NG panel from PSPanels. A great panel and on their forum superb support. It's only 6 EUR and you can get it on Simmarket.And I like the FDE. Realistic turning and thrust on the ground and in the air. Slightly better than PMDG (not much).That's why I wanted to share it with you. I'm just excited.Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

First time trying an opensky plane, and I must say, for me, I did not like this 737-800. It did not handle well at all...very mushy in the turns. I also found it hard to maintain speeds...so I was chasing the IAS on approach which is not good. I did not use the auto pilot for throttle.Anyway I dont want to bash them as it could very well be my lack of skills :-) But I have other freeware planes that fly much better...did like the push back truck although it left my nose wheel in the air :-)Bill