Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

KMSP - wrong departure frequency

At KMSP - was given departure frequency 124.7 at gate.  Taxi out to 22 - need to hold short 12L - when I get to 12L and hold short I did not get clearance - so I went ahead to assigned runway 22.  I was then assigned departure/tower frequency of 123.67 which as best I can tell doesn't exist.  I then went to 124.7 to get clearance to take off - my request is recognized but no clearance is given.  Lost all interaction w/ ATC after that. 

Also, is there a way to pick back up ATC instructions if they are lost - for example, when I didn't get my take off clearance can I find out which frequency would have been next so I can see if I can continue - that way you can press on and still have ATC vs. either starting over or going dark the balance of the flight.

Thanks.

Chuck,

Are you using Navigraph data?  The v3 and v4 of 1707 added some data that the current version of P2A wasn't ready to handle, so we've been getting strange controller assignments and radio behavior.  This should get fixed in the next update.

As a work around, if you go back to 1707v2, I believe that data is not there.  Or worst case, go back to the default NavDataPro 1605 until the next update is ready.

Thanks,

Dave

Yes to navigraph - thanks.

Also, could you give me your thoughts on my other question - thank you.

Also, is there a way to pick back up ATC instructions if they are lost - for example, when I didn't get my take off clearance can I find out which frequency would have been next so I can see if I can continue - that way you can press on and still have ATC vs. either starting over or going dark the balance of the flight.

You should be able to find the correct frequency by looking in the Freq window to the right of the map.  Select the appropriate frequency and make the call.  That seems like what you did here in selecting a different tower frequency.

In this particular case, departure frequency would be next, and you might could have taken off and used either departure frequency from the Freq list, or the departure frequency that was given in the clearance delivery.

The bug may have prevented this technique from working. 

For now, I suggest you downgrade the data to a version that does not contain the frequencies in AIRAC and this problem should go away.

Dave