Sign in to follow this  
Floeffel91

B77LR/W/F Crashing sim to desktop after PFD pop-up

After a few hours of flight the B777 crashes me to desktop, if I try to open the zoom pop-up of the PFD. (Klicking into it)

On the beginning of the flight everything works fine. But this happens after a few hours of flight. 

All other zoom pop-ups work properly by this time. (a few seconds of waiting between trying each screen).

This happens independant of other add-ons and reinstalling does not help. Happens on both P3D versions (v3 and v4).

I recorded it by luck (was recording something different when it happened again). The recording tool is also not the effect, it happens if recording or not (programm not running).

Frames or so are definetly no issue otherwise.

Any solutions how to solve that (except from not pressing it)?

System:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K @3.50 GHz

Ram: 32GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 Ti 6GB RAM 

System: W7 64Bit

Sims: P3D v3 and v4 (not installed the same time)

Hi,

There is no fix for now as the issue is related to something wrong in P3D and not on PMDG's side:

Please sign all your posts with you full names as required by the forum rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

13 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

There is no fix for now as the issue is related to something wrong in P3D and not on PMDG's side:

Roger Thanks. Signature added.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:10 AM, Budbud said:

Hi,

Just curious where you got this information from?  Did I miss a post somewhere?  How do you know there is no fix for this?  Do you work for PMDG?

I ask these questions because I am now experiencing said issue since the micro update that ran a few days ago.

28 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

ere you got this information from?  Did I miss a post somewhere?  How do you know there is no fix for this?  Do you work for PMDG?

Hi,

No I don't work for PMDG and you have missed a post from Robert S. Randazzo in the thread I linked in my post that you quoted. Have you gone through that thread? :emu_melk:

Actually I could have linked only Rob's post: :happy:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

The problem is too hard to solve, but at the user end you can solve it simply by disabling all the 2D popups (modify the panel.cfg). Not using popups in some sense makes everything even more realistic :)

I just managed to replicate it on the exact same flight however mine isn't with the captains PFD it's on the lower display - both times on the fuel page ---

odd and highly irritating