Sign in to follow this  
haeriphos

Multiple ATC problems on flight

Using XP11 with latest Navigraph data.

Flight plan filed from KPSP to NV74 at FL250. Departure was 31L and the CATH1 SID through PSP VOR. Went to YUCCA next then HIDEN. ATC chose rwy 33 at NV74 for my visual straight in according to the P2A interface. Everything looked fine in P2A as far as routing and altitudes.

Clearance, taxi, takeoff, departure, and handoff to center were smooth. However, as I passed the TOD marker about 70 miles prior to HIDEN I didn't receive any descent instructions. I went on for about 10 miles and then requested an enroute descent which was approved (to 3600). I went down to 5500 which was the planned altitude at HIDEN and waited for additional instructions but none ever came. I flew the headings and altitudes in the P2A plan manually but was never told to do so by ATC. When I got close to NV74 center told me there was no tower but that I was cleared for 31L visual approach, which doesn't exist at that airport (Rwy 33 is the closest, but KPSP did have 31L).

Log: https://pastebin.com/MKvQin8f

App Screenshot: http://imgur.com/NLSlQES

Ran into the same problem on NV74-BCE-UT15. This time the enroute descent clearance would have put me into the ground though. And P2A setup the approach so that I would be at 1757' at UT15, even though the airport elevation is 5800'.

Just had the same issue last night, short flight from KFTM to KTPA. Last instruction was to descend to 3600, then nothing...

I really wish someone could go into FSX's ATC system and surgically rebuild it.

I found and fixed a bug that I believe caused the assignment of the Departure runway.  I'll be flying this route to see about the other issues.

Dave