Sign in to follow this  
Ahmed Aldabbass

PMDG 737 NGX V3

Hey Guys,

I have recently moved to Prepar3D_v4 and was thinking about buying the 737 NGX. After doing some research I heared the were informations leaked about a possible 737 NGX v3 as the old one was released 5 years ago. I dont wanna buy the 737 ngx now and pay for the newer version in a few months. So what do u think ? Will the 737 v3 be released soon or can i buy the current version without having to worry that a newer version will be released in 2017.....

Hi Ahmed - I believe the last release of the NGX for Prepar3D v2.x & 3.x was in early 2015, and that version will not work in P3Dv4.  There is another release coming very soon which coverts the NGX for use in P3Dv4.  According to their website, it is expected to be released by the end of this month.  Once released, make the purchase and you'll be good to go with the NGX in P3Dv4.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

NGX seems very current with their offerings graphically and systems wise. I can't see much benefit in there being a v3 being done, so I don't think I'd put a lot of stock in that. I have seen mentioned where they talked about bringing some of the functionality from the 777 like the weather radar and such to the NGX, and doing an update to optimize the performance some. At least that was my understanding of it. Things can always change.

46 minutes ago, Roadburner426 said:

NGX seems very current with their offerings graphically and systems wise. I can't see much benefit in there being a v3 being done, so I don't think I'd put a lot of stock in that. I have seen mentioned where they talked about bringing some of the functionality from the 777 like the weather radar and such to the NGX, and doing an update to optimize the performance some. At least that was my understanding of it. Things can always change.

The NGX has a Wx radar and terrain display.  

There had been talk of a version three.  I have no idea what this would entail but there are issues they could address.  

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I thought it was the uplink they were thinking about

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think the V3 was/is aimed more at heavy hardware users (home cockpit/training type users).  For us mere mortals with more simple setups I think the benefit may be more modest and would be things like the uplink that was mentioned.  Perhaps also the ground vehicles and head movement from the new 744.  As noted, there's not much that has been introduced in the newer aircraft that isn't in the NG. 

Eric Szczesniak

On 6/18/2017 at 0:04 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

I thought it was the uplink they were thinking about

What uplink?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

31 minutes ago, Canuck said:

What uplink?

Weather, flightplan.  Like in the 777.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Weather, flightplan.  Like in the 777.

That would certainly be a feature well worth adding.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If we're adding capabilities to the box,  I'll throw in a request for RF. ;-)  More and more RNP procedures that use it are popping up,  and even some conventional procedures now require it. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

A 737max would be a welcomed upgrade :biggrin:

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

On 6/17/2017 at 6:45 PM, ESzczesniak said:

I think the V3 was/is aimed more at heavy hardware users (home cockpit/training type users).  For us mere mortals with more simple setups I think the benefit may be more modest and would be things like the uplink that was mentioned.  Perhaps also the ground vehicles and head movement from the new 744.  As noted, there's not much that has been introduced in the newer aircraft that isn't in the NG. 

I think there is some stuff they can do for a V3 that would be a big improvement.   Since the NGX was released major advancements have been made in ground handling, this is not just noticed in single engine taxi but also in the takeoff roll and other areas as well.  The FSL 320 and new PMDG 744 are much more realistic in this area.   Also since 2011 major improvements have been made in simulating sound environments the plane. The NGX was ground breaking back in 2011 but I would like to see this iconic plane brought up to their current standards and I would gladly buy it again.

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

We need a V3.  Heres my list:

Ground handling

Engine sounds that fade with altitude like the new 744 and fsl a320

Realistic engine response curve based on altitude and n1, like the fsl a320

A fix for the cockpit geometry, windows are too waaay too big, overhead seems too high, and i think the angle of the glareshield/mcp should be higher up.  Really it feels like they took the flight deck from just above the mcp and stretched it out.

Minor visual upgrades, higher res textures

All of the other misc features that the new 744 has.

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

33 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

We need a V3.  Heres my list:

Ground handling

Engine sounds that fade with altitude like the new 744 and fsl a320

Realistic engine response curve based on altitude and n1, like the fsl a320

A fix for the cockpit geometry, windows are too waaay too big, overhead seems too high, and i think the angle of the glareshield/mcp should be higher up.  Really it feels like they took the flight deck from just above the mcp and stretched it out.

Minor visual upgrades, higher res textures

All of the other misc features that the new 744 has.

Agreed on the part with the cockpit geometry. At times it feels like I'm riding a bus (not an Airbus but those on the road..) But wasn't that because of how the HGS is fitted into the cockpit? I remember someone claiming that it would be quite difficult to rearrange the HGS so that the windows could be narrower.

2 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Not  going  to happen  due   to the hud,  unless  they  can   do a workaround the  hud,  already been  discussed  many times  this  topic

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg