Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Addon that tunes into area appropriate live ATC chatter?

So I asked this elsewhere but figured I'd extend the question to AVSim, hoping for some more input.

I know there's a lot of browser based live ATC streams available and I do tune in occasionally. However, I figured it would be a really cool effect if you had an addon that would simply get your altitude / position, then tune you into the nearest most appropriate live ATC available, with no further action from the user. Not expecting anything fancy of having to manually tune the frequencies and wouldn't mind it being not completely accurate, as long as it tunes you to an available stream that's in your region at least. Think that could provide a very 'simple' yet highly immersive effect for us offline, relaxed flyboys. 

I'm almost certain someone has released or attempted something like this, sounds like a very low-hanging fruit in terms of immersion factor but I just haven't heard of any? 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, Sethos1988 said:

I'm almost certain someone has released or attempted something like this, sounds like a very low-hanging fruit in terms of immersion factor but I just haven't heard of any? 

Never heard of anything like that.  If someone would invent it, that would be terrific.  The challenges, I believe, are the multiple frequencies that many airports have.  JFK has 20+ for tower, departure, center, etc. Even small airports sometimes have more than one.   Which one to automatically tune into?   I use Live ATC to listen to the nearest center for realism, in combination with the in-sim ATC, such as VOX, etc.  Works well for immersion.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Wonder why you have to download the links yourself and they are not already pre-loaded.  Might be a rights thing with LiveATC.net but it would be a lot of work to load them up for all situations.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

5 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

Downloaded, installed and listening.  Looks like a possibility.  Thanks!

Curious. Does it do as advertised? If you tune your com1 AND an existing frequency exists on Live ATC, it automatically switches and plays live coms?

Mario Di Lauro

Also interested in this as well, does anyone know if it fully works with P3D v4 and if its really worth it? Might consider buying it if its set it and forget it and don't really have to mess with configurations and such.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This would make flying so much more immersive, if it can automatically do all this without us having to manually load up a website such as liveatc.net and tune in ourselves.

Just did some researching and it looks like you're right Sethos, FSChatterLive is an add-on developed by Dave Westbury. I'm not sure if he's an active member on AVSIM, but I do see him on X-Plane forum. He has also made this plugin for that platform as well. I wonder if he's still active in developing this addon. I'm really interested in this. I would love to be able to sit at a departing airport and when I tune into a specific com frequency, it will play the matching one in real life, like if I tune to delivery it will play that and if i tune to ground, and so forth... and while I'm on enroute if it can automatically switch to the closest nearby airports and have it play ATC chatter without me having to do anything would be simply awesome.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

FSChatterLive  - I get some errors when I load up P3Dv4.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

It's not live but I've used Enviro!3.2 for years. Huge bank of ATC sound files and you can add more.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, tamsini said:

Curious. Does it do as advertised? If you tune your com1 AND an existing frequency exists on Live ATC, it automatically switches and plays live coms?

Yes, it works in P3Dv3.4.   Don't have v4 yet. I have their frequency in comm 2 standby, as the instructions suggested.  I just toggle it back and forth.  It doesn't switch automatically like you've described.   Sometimes it cuts in and out.  If you find a strong channel, like Atlanta Center, it works all the time.  Haven't tried the in/out of the reception radius yet, and am having some difficulty adding internet radio, but I haven't put a lot of time into it.  I'm going to pursue it.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I'd be interested in this as well. Awesome idea!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma