Sign in to follow this  
BrianT

LOD issue....I think?

2 minutes ago, Olmba said:

Hi,

I have that same experience and have been investigated this issue for some days. I come to the conclusion that this causes  by the AM  tweek setting. When enable AM i have rock steady 30 FPS, but the ground texture looks terrible.

I'm running I7-3930 @3.20 clocked to 4700 with HT on. Still haven't found any AM that works for my system.
Remove AF in p3d.cfg and see if you back to normal. 

Like the 253 I recommended for his 4-core, you could try 4093. Again, just uses all your cores except the first logical core.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Olmba said:

Remove AF in p3d.cfg and see if you back to normal.

It's definitely the AM setting and as the others have said the 1st core seems to be the important one. No AM and the detail remains constant and I'm currently trying 253 and that seems to work as well

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I get best results running my 6700K with HT off and no affinity mask in P3D.  I've tried a couple of affinity settings but blurries are always the result, in exactly the same manner as originally noted by OP.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Like the 253 I recommended for his 4-core, you could try 4093. Again, just uses all your cores except the first logical core.

253 running at the moment and all looks good :)

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Just now, BrianT said:

253 running at the moment and all looks good :)

Sounds good, not sure if you feel any difference between 253 and no AM but, anything beats the blurries. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Well thanks for all the advice guys. It's time for this one to get some shut eye so more.... or less tinkering tomorrow :biggrin:

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

AM to your suggestion and everything looks great.
The CPU core usage also looks great..

Thank you..:ha:

AM 4096

Just keep an eye on the last several cores (logical or physical) and make sure they're not binding. If they do so every now and then and only for a short amount of time (i.e. no more than 10 seconds), you're fine. If they do bind for over that, it's an indication that terrain and scenery paging may become backlogged, hence blurries. If AMs don't work then it may be time to back off the settings... or buy two 7700ks and wire them in parallel...

On a related note, Steve Waite here has written volumes on the subject and while I sometimes get frustrated that his writing doesn't lead to a dumbed-down, actionable "do this and shut up!," find the applicable,er, threads and you'll be all the wiser.

• Upvote 2