Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Taxi2Gate KSEA P3D v4 ORBX Elevation Problem

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I'm having elevation problems at KSEA, KDFW and KDEN with ORBX in p3d v4.  I'm waiting on responses in their respective forums, but has anyone been able to come up with a fix until ORBX comes up with some kind of AEC utility?

Thanks for your help,

John

Go to the FTX/Orbx Forums and look in your compatibility forum and it will show you how to fix KSEA but KDFW and KDEN are way out of the areas for Orbx/FTX products.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I'm having elevation problems at KSEA, KDFW and KDEN with ORBX in p3d v4.  I'm waiting on responses in their respective forums, but has anyone been able to come up with a fix until ORBX comes up with some kind of AEC utility?

Thanks for your help,

John

John I assume you have other 3rd party terrain software that maybe causing this issue. I my case I have only installed airport software that has P3Dv4 installers trying to keep V4 as clean as possible.

I have installed all the FSDT scenery, (rwy textures fixed now for DL) all the FlightBeam airports and only what's currently available from FTX Central for V4. I have no elevation issues anyway. In fact FTX global in P3Dv4 is beautiful, the textures are noticeably loading quicker and clearer than in V3.

IM

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Iceman2 said:

John I assume you have other 3rd party terrain software that maybe causing this issue. I my case I have only installed airport software that has P3Dv4 installers trying to keep V4 as clean as possible.

I have installed all the FSDT scenery, (rwy textures fixed now for DL) all the FlightBeam airports and only what's currently available from FTX Central for V4. I have no elevation issues anyway. In fact FTX global in P3Dv4 is beautiful, the textures are noticeably loading quicker and clearer than in V3.

IM

Thanks for the feedback fellas.  I'll look into the KSEA fix.  IM, my setup mirrors what you have it seems, so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.  Maybe I'll just uninstall ORBX and the addons in question and try again?

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Go to the FTX/Orbx Forums and look in your compatibility forum and it will show you how to fix KSEA but KDFW and KDEN are way out of the areas for Orbx/FTX products.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I tried but I can't seem to find the thread.  I put a post in there, but if you know off-hand where it is or what to search for, I'd be grateful for the info.

Thanks,

John

13 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Hi Jim,

I tried but I can't seem to find the thread.  I put a post in there, but if you know off-hand where it is or what to search for, I'd be grateful for the info.

Thanks,

John

Here it is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

Orbx-PNW-KSEA Airport Compatibility Guide

Problem is that I don't believe T2G KSEA has been upgraded for P3Dv4 yet.  You should be careful shoehorning addons into P3D4 that are not designed for it.

Bob

Thanks a lot guys.  Everything is working beautifully now.  KSEA was the last scenery I had trouble with, but it's also my favorite:-)  Can't wait until PMDG and Aerosoft get my birds into v4 so I can fully-enjoy it. 

John

On 6/18/2017 at 10:35 AM, FSXtreme said:

Here it is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

Orbx-PNW-KSEA Airport Compatibility Guide

Problem is that I don't believe T2G KSEA has been upgraded for P3Dv4 yet.  You should be careful shoehorning addons into P3D4 that are not designed for it.

Bob

Yeah I'm also unsure, but it works fine.  As it turns out, I found that I can get to the Vector config menu in FTX central for p3d v4.  I know vector doesn't exist yet, but the configuration is in there, under the settings tab, so I did an AEC for Seattle, DFW and DEN, and now have no problems.  Amazing sceneries, and even better in v4 with my 4k monitor.  Wow.