Sign in to follow this  
bic

LiveTraffic

On the type column I  have a lot of ???.  Is there a way to assign a default model to them?  It would be good to allow the ability to say I know XYZ airline mostly has 737, so I would assign a 737 to them.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

3 minutes ago, bic said:

On the type column I  have a lot of ???.  Is there a way to assign a default model to them?  It would be good to allow the ability to say I know XYZ airline mostly has 737, so I would assign a 737 to them.

Hi,

firstly, a very common mistake leading to this is, that you provide the path to the selected AI addon an "Scan" that folder. This is not necessary and not recommended, I have already matched all three databases by hand. If you did this, please reset the database back to default before proceeding, to avoid additional work.

To assign new ICAO codes, you select the line where you want to change the "ICAO Type" or the "ICAO Airline", then you search that models ICAO code in the right hand list and double click that entry. You can switch the right hand list from Aircraft ICAOs to Airline ICAOs and back.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

hmm, the only thing that I recall doing was to click Configure and change from Custom to WOAI as I do not have any of the others.  I have clicked on default and the number of question marks seem ok now (those that are ?s have all the other fields with ?).  Thank you.

Now, just sitting at Heathrow watching final approach, I see quite a few Mooney Acclaim's.  Some on takeoff were ok.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

12 minutes ago, bic said:

hmm, the only thing that I recall doing was to click Configure and change from Custom to WOAI as I do not have any of the others.  I have clicked on default and the number of question marks seem ok now (those that are ?s have all the other fields with ?).  Thank you.

Now, just sitting at Heathrow watching final approach, I see quite a few Mooney Acclaim's.  Some on takeoff were ok.

If you see a lot of default models (the GA was chosen because the aircraft was so slow) then this can have two causes:

1. The database doesn't have that model. If you are certain that this model and airline should be there in your WOAI install, you can assign a mapping on the database dialog as described above and in the manual (I have just updated the manual, that part was described incorrectly)

2. ADS-B Exchange does not know of this aircraft or its origin and destination, or they are simply wrong. This is entirely possible and it happens a lot - this is where the "???" come from.

I have just run a test at EGLL.

With MT6 models I get 7 "???" out of 62 displayed flights where 43 have a "hit" in the database, the rest are default models.

A few minutes later, now with WOAI, I get 6 "???" out of 69 flights with 36 being present in the WOAI package, the rest are defaults.

I would consider these numbers to be normal for the freeware data sources that LLTX is using.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

ok thanks, I wrote some scripts back in the day for SATCO/VATSIM so I know it's difficult matching models.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

8 hours ago, bic said:

ok thanks, I wrote some scripts back in the day for SATCO/VATSIM so I know it's difficult matching models.

You can improve the matching on the database dialog screen - or you manipulate the XML files where the matching data is kept directly.

And then there is the option to activate a local database that is based on flight numbers. This is helpful if you spend most of your time at the same airport - you can build up a database where the actual flight number is matched to an aircraft model, either overriding the result from the webservice or just helping out when there is no data present.

The main problem here is, that OpenSky Network don't provide the aircraft model, only flightnumber and position. On the other hand, the ADS-B Exchange webservice is too slow to use it as live position feed - but it has the plane models - mostly. Often the online data is missing or simply wrong.

Best regards

LORBY-SI