Latinvfr SAN - elevation problem/no shadows

FSDT DFW - elevation problem/no shadows

Greg

32 minutes ago, LEFTSEAT said:

SO FAR....

Latinvfr SAN - elevation problem/no shadows

Greg

You can add FSDT KIAH too. Flickering of textures AND no shadows. Frankly, let's just face the fact the most developers just changed their installers. No recompilation of the sceneries using SDK of P3D V4. This causes too many issues. When no money is thrown at it, nothing becomes realised. It is apparent as that. Laziness of today's capitalistic world.

I stop here, otherwise I might be warned again..

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

33 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

You can add FSDT KIAH too. Flickering of textures AND no shadows. Frankly, let's just face the fact the most developers just changed their installers. No recompilation of the sceneries using SDK of P3D V4. This causes too many issues. When no money is thrown at it, nothing becomes realised. It is apparent as that. Laziness of today's capitalistic world.

I stop here, otherwise I might be warned again..

A true Capitalist would have charged you $10 for that updated installer. 

• Upvote 3

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Is there a list somewhere of addon that has been converted  actually USING the P3D v4 SDK, and not just updated with new installers. I guess the list is pretty small, as it looks like most developers has taken the easy way out, and thus being able to make them P3D v4 "compatible"

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

31 minutes ago, jlund said:

Is there a list somewhere of addon that has been converted  actually USING the P3D v4 SDK, and not just updated with new installers. I guess the list is pretty small, as it looks like most developers has taken the easy way out, and thus being able to make them P3D v4 "compatible"

There is an old Capitalist statement that applies to this thread quite well.

"You get what you pay for."

• Upvote 1

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Instead of taking the pmdg "word" for it in terms of compiling for v4, why not actually speak to a scenery developer?

there is a very enlightening discussion over at flytampa regarding what SDK elements are used from each sim version and how if it was "native" v4 very little would work including many of the stock .bgls that actually ship in the default p3d install. Do you really think that all the world default scenery elements were recompiled bgls? 

Check it out over at Flytampa ......

• Upvote 2

Said aircraft developer's goal is to make his product look the best in the eyes of his customers and reduce the number of support calls. 

So, of course, blame the other guy for problems.

Anyone who knows what they are looking for and can open files can see that P3Dv4, as shipped, is not a pure environment free of V3 and/or FSX baggage.

I'm not a fantastic programmer, but I think people are loosing sight a little bit about two very different animals.

Aircraft, such as said developer, change a lot more with all their gauges in 64 bit.  The basic lines of coding are the same, but the compiled files are quite different.

Scenery is less different in 32 bit.  Textures are effectively unchanged.  So yes, as has been pointed out, some elements like the dynamic lighting can an issue. 

Point being, I think the 64-bit change hits aircraft developers harder than scenery developers. 

• Upvote 1

Eric Szczesniak

Well there certainly seems to be quite a lot of alleged V4 'compatible' scenery being sold when in reality it's ridden with bugs and problems.. i'm now bypassing whatever the scenery devs are saying about their product and going straight to the forums to get the real word on what's working and what's not...

Ricardo from latinvfr kindly responded and advised me that they are releasing a brand new SAN for P3D4. 

Greg

So far I have found no problems with SNA,MDW,RSW,TPA,PHL and RDU, but I haven't tested them thoroughly yet.

greg

4 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

You can add FSDT KIAH too. Flickering of textures AND no shadows. Frankly, let's just face the fact the most developers just changed their installers.

That's not accurate. There's no flickering whatsoever at KIAH, and the previous flickering, that happened on the runways only, and is fixed in the current Live Update, didn't had anything to do with P3D compatibility, but it was just a bug in the AFCAD.

5 hours ago, LEFTSEAT said:

Greg

- If you have elevation problems at KDFW, they are likely caused by another scenery in conflict, I bet it's something from Orbx. If this is the case, I wonder if it might be caused by their Altitude Elevation Correction not being updated for P3D V4, so it doesn't recognize sceneries installed outside of the scenery.cfg, so it cannot apply its own fixes automatically.

- Shadows at KDFW work if you enable the Cast option for the "No shadow flagged content"