Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

"COMPATIBLE" AIRPORTS WITH PROBLEMS

For now i just found only two airports that had a texture problem. It is RFScenerybuildings Torino Caselle LIMF. The main terminal shows a black texture instead of glassy looking texture. And Aerosofts Stuttgart X 2.0. Somehow the ground poly is invisible.

As AI i use MT6 and i found out that their afcads sometimes causing scenery troubles and loss of performance. For ex FSDT KLAX and MT6. I had to delete the MT6 afcad. USCities X Chicago and FSDT KORD same problem.

The only airport i had some loss in performance was FSDT KIAH but i didnt run the live update as i type so no blame. Every other FSDT or FB airport runs just grreat. I did a lot of test with PMDG T7 15% Ai, pretty high setings in P3D and all my FSDT and FB airportsLowest FPS were around 26. BTW i run Dynamic Lighting enabled no performance decrease.

Same goes for my FlyTampa, T2G, Justsim, Jetstream, RFScenerybuilding, Aerosoft, DigitalDesign and LatinVFR collection. Good performance under all conditions.  Performance will decrease by around 15% when using FTX full fat regions besides FSDT CYVR. This aiiport runs very good with FTX PNW. whereas FlyTampas YSSY faces a performance decrease when using FTX AU. 

Al in all is P3D[6]4 the weapon of choice. LM again brought up a winner. Next big thing for me will be the release of all my ORBX airfields lifted to 64bits.

BTW i have 4xMSAA in P3D and 4xSGSS in nVidia inspector.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

SDG Cairo does not have any textures or buildings.    The ground and taxiways appear ok.  No response from Developer.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

54 minutes ago, virtuali said:

- If you have elevation problems at KDFW, they are likely caused by another scenery in conflict, I bet it's something from Orbx. If this is the case, I wonder if it might be caused by their Altitude Elevation Correction not being updated for P3D V4, so it doesn't recognize sceneries installed outside of the scenery.cfg, so it cannot apply its own fixes automatically.

This is the issue I had with DFW. It was ORBX AEC related, not specifically P3DV4 (still running V3). Had to manually disable KDFW in AEC and it works now.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

RWS uae doesn't work.   Uk2000 make sure you delete every BGL with fs9 in the file name,  on a separate note the camsim 787 and 350 does not work as an ai aircraft it cause ctds 

14ppkc-6.png

I did some recompiling with some scenery I have worked on. BGLs are different. Need to use the new xtomdl and bglcomp tools to recompile. 

Textures did not seem to change. A dds is a dds regardless if it is compiled with imagetool from older versions or the imagetool from P3Dv4.

.agn files also are unchanged. Annotator does not seem to do anything different. 

The author of ADE states that aprons, taxiways and runways all have an additional code in P3Dv4. Recompile those AFCADs! Not sure what is changed when recompiling mdls. 

Clearly, there is some scenery that uses very old library files and techniques.