Sign in to follow this  
Scriptless

P3Dv4 777-200LR Texture bugs?

Hello,

with P3D v4 I noticed some texturing issues.

You can clearly recognize, that the fan case has some issues with shadows (ultra setting), and that the inner part of the engine case has no reflections.

Comparison P3D v4 + v3:

v4:

5yky4EA.jpg

v3:

CAGowxi.png

I hope we will see an update soon.

Alex

Is it the same with dynamic reflections off?

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

Is it the same with dynamic reflections off?

Those 2 screenshots are taken without dynamic reflections.

10 minutes ago, Scriptless said:

Those 2 screenshots are taken without dynamic reflections.

Hmmm I haven't upgraded to P3Dv4 yet so can only give you limited help, I don't think I've seen that problem come up, but maybe someone else can chime in and help you out. If not, send PMDG a support ticket.

I dunno... maybe I'm old and blind.  Two different liveries, different lighting, not sure what the problem is supposed to be.  I am "clearly" missing something.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 hours ago, downscc said:

I dunno... maybe I'm old and blind.  Two different liveries, different lighting, not sure what the problem is supposed to be.  I am "clearly" missing something.

ttYosrB.jpg

ttYosrB.jpg

On 6/18/2017 at 10:14 AM, downscc said:

I agree with you Dan, two different lighting conditions and liveries makes it difficult to see an issue.  The sun seems in front of it on one shot and behind it in another.  That, coupled with the different liveries makes it difficult to see a problem.

Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM

Odd, I have yet to ever see this view from the cockpit. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Eric 

14 hours ago, N325NS said:

I agree with you Dan, two different lighting conditions and liveries makes it difficult to see an issue.  The sun seems in front of it on one shot and behind it in another.  That, coupled with the different liveries makes it difficult to see a problem.

On 18.6.2017 at 8:14 PM, downscc said:

Sorry guys, but I think you need new glasses to find the difference

1 hour ago, Scriptless said:

Sorry guys, but I think you need new glasses to find the difference

They do have a point, top photo has sun behind the wing, bottom photo sun is in front of the wing. Not to mention your comparing two different texture sets. At least compare like for like.

2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

They do have a point, top photo has sun behind the wing, bottom photo sun is in front of the wing. Not to mention your comparing two different texture sets. At least compare like for like.

The first picture has a sharp engine frame and has shadow issues on top of the engine case.

The second picture is taken in P3D v3 and has a smooth engine frame and no shadow issues.