Sign in to follow this  
davjg

My Flight Sim Experience with P3Dv4 64 bits

Hi

I have been flight simming since 2004 and they were challenging experience for me to learn the different tweaks here and there. I never had the opportunity to set my slider to max setting due to lags and other add-on. A few month ago I was fortunate enough to buy me a new pc let alone P3D 64 bits coming right along unexpectingly. I never thought I could move my slider to max setting and yes there was some stutter but nothing hinder me to enjoy my flight experience. XPL11 doesn't cut it for me, something about it doesn't make me stay there. P3D 64 bits hasn't really begun the full potential what we will see there where XPL11 has been doing it for years. Therefore you cant compare it equally we will see in the coming future. The only gripe I have is paying for the same software over and over again, the positive side there are developers that will give you a free upgrade. It is what it is, I cant whine about it since I am not the one that putting the time and effort to make it work and provide support to customer they are. In any case, its a big difference for me I don't see how anyone can say P3D 32 bits look the same as P3D 64 bits. In order to get the full benefit of P3D 64bits where its in ZERO stage not full potential yet, you have to upgrade your PC. Otherwise you cant expect the same result, IMHO. Below is my spec that work fantastic for me, I hope it does for you. 

No Tweak applied whatsoever to my P3D.

CPU: i7-6850K @4.10GHz Overclock

DDR4 RAM 16GB 

MOBO X99 ASUS

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI - 11 GB MEMORY(memory was a huge difference)

PMDG 777/747

SCENERY - ALL FSDT/FLIGHTBEAM 

PTA / Active Sky / ENVTEX

ChasePlane

ORBX 

• Upvote 2

Sounds good, have similar specs here and use almost the same addons.

I added TEXTURE_EXP_LOAD=10 and LOD_RADIUS=10.5000 -> try it and have a look to the horizon in your sim :-)

• Upvote 1

Nice PC there David

Awesome! I will try it out ErichB.  Thanks for the tip. 

David