Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Baker

300ER disappeared for P3D V3

Hi,

My 777-300ER has disappeared for P3D V3 all of a sudden.  I can't seem to be able to get it activated again - it doesn't appear in P3D, or in the livery manager or anything like that.

The version screen says I have 1.10.7025 installed

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel Baker

9 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Hi,

My 777-300ER has disappeared for P3D V3 all of a sudden.  I can't seem to be able to get it activated again - it doesn't appear in P3D, or in the livery manager or anything like that.

The version screen says I have 1.10.7025 installed

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel Baker

Here the same, I think the latest update to the B777-200 deleted all the aircraft.cfg entries (except those of the liveries) of the -300ER, awaiting for its compatibility update for P3Dv4v3.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks Ed.

I guess we'll just have to wonder...?

Have you looked at your 300er aircraft.cfg, BTW?  Mine is complete garbled nonsense - oriental-looking text (ie; Chinese or Japanese characters).  I think I heard about P3D V4 using a new formatting for its text files (Unicode - something like that?) and was wondering if this might be the case here.  Perhaps one got snuck in by mistake?

I don't know - probably talking nonsense here...

- Daniel

Have you installed anything else P3D related recently?

22 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Have you installed anything else P3D related recently?

Blueprint simulations KIAH.  I think that's it.

- Daniel

Is it a P3Dv3 compatible product? Any chance this could've messed with something?

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎20 at 10:56 PM, PMDG777 said:

Is it a P3Dv3 compatible product? Any chance this could've messed with something?

Yes.  Worked just fine with 777-300.  It was the PMDG update that messed something up.

I've submitted a ticket - seems to be an issue with the update...

- Daniel

2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Yes.  Worked just fine with 777-300.  It was the PMDG update that messed something up.

I've submitted a ticket - seems to be an issue with the update...

- Daniel

Can you try downloading the full installer from the PMDG website and reinstalling via that.

I guess I'm going to have to.

PMDG has stopped replying to my ticket.  Ryan asked me for a file and has not gotten back to me.  I'm really not sure what to do here...

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

I guess I'm going to have to.

PMDG has stopped replying to my ticket.  Ryan asked me for a file and has not gotten back to me.  I'm really not sure what to do here...

How long ago did he last respond?

8 days ago, I believe.

Did the uninstall and reinstall thing.  I think the PMDG 777-300ER for P3.4 is broken as of now.

I guess they have quite a handful with the P3D v4 updates - they seem to be breaking the operations center!

Nothing I can do, I suppose.

- Daniel

6 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

8 days ago, I believe.

Did the uninstall and reinstall thing.  I think the PMDG 777-300ER for P3.4 is broken as of now.

I guess they have quite a handful with the P3D v4 updates - they seem to be breaking the operations center!

Nothing I can do, I suppose.

- Daniel

I'd reply to the ticket asking if they could have another look into it so it bumps it up the order.

Good news.

Ryan replied to me and gave me specific instructions, along with the news there were new installers.  This finally solved the issue - here they are for anyone who ever has similar issues:

To accomplish a full removal and clean install of the PMDG 777-200LR/F and 777-300ER (if you own it) into Prepar3D v3.3+ or v4+, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall the PMDG 777-300ER (if you own it) and then the PMDG 777-200LR/F products from Control Panel\Programs & Features.
2. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR, PMDG 777F, and PMDG 777-300ER (if you own it) folders in <P3D root folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes.
3. Manually delete the <P3D root folder>\PMDG\PMDG 777X folder.
4. Manually delete the PMDG 777-200LR, PMDG 777F, and PMDG 777-300ER (if you own it) folders in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 or v4\SimObjects
- You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. Download new up-to-date copies of the installers from your account at the PMDG store.
6. Install the PMDG 777-200LR/F from your installer.

7. Install the PMDG 777-300ER (if you own it).

8. Run the PMDG Operations Center and install any updates it offers for the 777 products.

Cheers,

Daniel