Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

EICAS message SPEED CONFIG

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Flaps to 25 or 30.  Message.  Take off and retract gear and flaps.  Message still in view.

I don't have time to check the manuals, but I think 25 and 30 are not takeoff settings.  Can you select 25 or 30 for a takeoff flaps setting on the takeoff page, and are you able to set V Speeds?  Are all weights entered on the Performance page?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi,

I confirm normal takeoff flaps settings on the B744 are 10 and 20. Flaps 25 and 30 are not used for takeoff.

How do you get takeoff speeds for the flaps 25 and 30? I never tried but I'm not even sure that you enter them in the takeoff perf page and get takeoff speeds.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I know they're not and Mike, thanks but I mentioned that all i do in the CDU is swt fuel and payload nothing else.

This is not correct I know but all im really doing is testing P3Dv4's swttings not making a proper flight.

And in real life on 767's when i would do pitot tests as you describe we would not see that message

Jack Sawyer

Yeah, test it out and see what happens. You shouldn't be trying to take off with flaps 25 or 30 anyhow, as this isn't authorized, and I seriously doubt the plane was tested this way. But one thing I need clarification about.

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Plane in runway, engines running, use CDU, Short Fuel, no Payload.

Flaps to 25 or 30.  Message.  Take off and retract gear and flaps.  Message still in view.

When you say "use CDU", what exactly do you do.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have FSX.  I set up a 747 similar to yours, as best I can do from the information you gave.  I am not seeing that message.  I can't get V  Speeds since I haven't entered a runway or flight plan.  I can enter flaps 10 or flaps 20 on the takeoff page, can't enter 25, 30, or any other setting (no surprise there).  I get  warnings for the two yaw dampers until I align the inertial navigation system.

I suggest you file a ticket w/ PMDG and ask them what that message means and where to find it in the documentation. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

8 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yeah, test it out and see what happens. You shouldn't be trying to take off with flaps 25 or 30 anyhow, as this isn't authorized, and I seriously doubt the plane was tested this way. But one thing I need clarification about.

When you say "use CDU", what exactly do you do.

First, the plane is already running, IRS's aligned.

Bring up the CDU so it's a 2D

Then LSK FS Actions

Fuel short flight 

Then on the CDU Payload empty

No other actions in the CDU at all.

FD's off

Advance throttles and take off and go around and land. 

And yes Mike, I completely and 100% understand this is not the proper procedure but as I keep indicating, this is only to test P3D's settings while the 747 is in the air.

I do make proper flights, last night from KORD to KMSP and it was fine.

I know this is incorrect, but like I've said several times, I'm just curious.  This isn't a bug or a show stopper, it's simply curiousity as I can't find it anywhere.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

First, the plane is already running, IRS's aligned.

Bring up the CDU so it's a 2D

Then LSK FS Actions

Fuel short flight 

Then on the CDU Payload empty

No other actions in the CDU at all.

FD's off

Advance throttles and take off and go around and land. 

Looks like I did exactly the same, except that I had to start engines, turn on various pumps, and align IRSs.  I did not fly but you are seeing the message on the ground too.  I'm not seeing it, but using FSX Steam.  I have the update issued at the same time as the one that went to P3D V4 users.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I just tried what you did and wasn't able to replicate it, either. I'm also running FSX Steam.

Just got home and booted P3Dv4.

You are NOT going to believe this, I don't see it now.

This is intermittent because I SWEAR to you it was there.  I even looked through all my screenshots and couldn't find one.

So if I see it again I will be sure to let you know all he parameters.

I even have a good friend from work going to look in our 747 maintenance manual and search for this EICAS message.  I don't know what ATA chapter it would be in but he said he'd look.

Guys, I promise you I have been seeing this since it was released for V4.

Jack Sawyer

On 2017-6-19 at 9:56 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Just got home and booted P3Dv4.

You are NOT going to believe this, I don't see it now.

This is intermittent because I SWEAR to you it was there.  I even looked through all my screenshots and couldn't find one.

So if I see it again I will be sure to let you know all he parameters.

I even have a good friend from work going to look in our 747 maintenance manual and search for this EICAS message.  I don't know what ATA chapter it would be in but he said he'd look.

Guys, I promise you I have been seeing this since it was released for V4.

Jack,

I think I might have solved the mystery and confirm you weren't seeing things. Landing after a short flight today in the 747v3 (in FSX-SE) I saw what I thought was the same caution message you reported (SPEED CONFIG) on EICAS. When I looked closer I realised it was actually saying XFEED CONFIG. You can get this caution when the fuel load is low enough that tank to engine distribution is required. This requires the outboard crossfeeds to be closed. If they are open the message is displayed. When you were doing your quick starts for testing, you wouldn't have set up the fuel system and the crossfeeds would be open by default. Hence the caution message.

If this makes sense, at least you know you didn't imagine it all.

Cheers

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think you're right Kevin.  My mistake and I apologize for any confusion.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, kevinh said:

No need to apologise Jack.

Thank you Kevin.

Jack Sawyer