Sign in to follow this  
PANAM741

744 PW VERSION ENGINE DERATE PROBLEM

Hi Guys,

Since the last update of QOTSII, I've been having some issues with the PW version...When I derate the engines to -8%, and then I move the throttle to 50% and then press TOGA button, suddenly the engines become crazy because they begin to bring more power and less power at the same time in THR REF until HOLD message appears in the PFD and finally they become stable. Any ideas what's happening?.

Thank you in advance,

Samuel Aroca

Same behaviour without any hardware throttles/joystick/yoke etc. plugged in?

5 hours ago, PANAM741 said:

until HOLD message appears in the PFD and finally they become stable

Yes, they are "stably" increasing N1 far beyond the takeoff pre-programmed N1... 

James Goggi

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Yes, they are "stably" increasing N1 far beyond the takeoff pre-programmed N1... 

James, what is your problem. Do you have to turn every thread into a thread about your issues regarding N1 on take-off? We get it. PMDG acknowledged it. Kyle already told you in the other thread that it was NOT an easy fix, so why you keep bringing this up is beyond me. Samuel has a completely different issue altogether. This thread isn't about your little bug that bugs you so much, so drop it. Before, I was starting to think you were doing this on purpose, but now you have just confirmed it. By the way, I wouldn't consider 1.2% "far beyond". 12.2%, maybe, but 1.2% isn't much.

Samuel, I'll have a test when I get the chance, after I go inside and eat breakfast. I would have tested this last night, but was too tired to do so. In the meantime, I wonder if it could be a hardware issue, as Chris suggested. A few more questions, though. First question is, is this only happening with the Pratt & Whitney variant? Second question is, which Boeing 747-400 is this affecting, as there's the -400, -400M, -400F, -400ERF, and -400BCF. Final question, is this only affecting a take-off derate at 8%, as there is also a 20% derate and obviously a full-thrust take-off.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

All right, as I said, I'd perform a test when I got back in here. I did two test flights and was unable to reproduce the issue. If you're using any hardware, are you actually pushing the thrust levers forward once you hit TOGA?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.