Sign in to follow this  
tecto

[P3D v4] Instant replay issue

So after take off I hide the gear, make a turn and then want to see this again. So I'm choosing instant replay. - obviously

But If I hide a gear as mentioned above my plane during take off will be in the same state as when entering "Instant replay".
It looks awful when it's speeding up on the runway without gear. I've noticed that this also refers to flaps and speed brakes. It "remembers" the last state of the plane in the replay.

How to fix this?

I'm new to P3D but a seasoned FSXer...this used to happen in FSX the replay mode isn't independent from the live feed so to speak.  Whether this is fixed or not in P3D I don't know, sounds like it isn't.  In FSX you needed FSRecorder to fix the problem which sadly wasn't supported under FSX Steam edition.  Again not sure if this even works or ever has done for P3D.

Thomas Derbyshire

I can't believe that this issue STILL hasn't been addressed in P3D. It's the same with landing. The speedbrakes are extended for the entire approach on replay mode. Sorry, but that's just laziness on LM's part. This has been an issue since FSX. 

• Upvote 4

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Same here, after all this time we still have a crappy replay system. When will it get fixed?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I can't see spoilers & reversers on PMDG planes in Instant replay (P3D V4.2).

It's still not fixed? Or am I doing something wrong?

I have FlightControlReplay v4 but have not tried it yet with the 747-400/747-8 but it works quite well (not 100% btw) with the 737/777. 

One thing that is bad is that you need to shot down simulator and reload with the aircraft . I normally save a situation for this.

Tried using the PMDG 747-400 as AI to show the visual differents between the 747-400 and the 747-8 on the runway,

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

7 hours ago, Skysurfer7 said:

I can't see spoilers & reversers on PMDG planes in Instant replay (P3D V4.2).

It's still not fixed? Or am I doing something wrong?

You won't. Get Chaseplane as it has a replay mode. Then when you want to replay say a landing you need to configure the plane in landing profile. Quickest way to do this is to save a panel state as you are coming in to land.

When you watch the replay then your spoilers and reversers should work.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

10 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

You won't. Get Chaseplane as it has a replay mode. Then when you want to replay say a landing you need to configure the plane in landing profile. Quickest way to do this is to save a panel state as you are coming in to land.

When you watch the replay then your spoilers and reversers should work.

Hi Matthew

Not sure i understand the part with panel state . 

Can you make a simple guide here ? Does this replay also take lights into the account?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

20 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi Matthew

Not sure i understand the part with panel state . 

Can you make a simple guide here ? Does this replay also take lights into the account?

Thanks

Michael Moe

On the fmc there is a page where you can load panel states. Such as cold and dark, engines running etc. It's under pmdg settings or options something like that. I forget the precise name sorry!

From this page as well as loading a panel state you can also save one. So when you are on final approach for example just go to this page and click save. Give it a name like landing for example 

Then when you are parked up at the gate and want to replay go to this fmc page again and load the state you just saved.

When you then replay you will see the flaps out. Spoilers and reversers deploy etc.

• Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

2 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

On the fmc there is a page where you can load panel states. Such as cold and dark, engines running etc. It's under pmdg settings or options something like that. I forget the precise name sorry!

From this page as well as loading a panel state you can also save one. So when you are on final approach for example just go to this page and click save. Give it a name like landing for example 

Then when you are parked up at the gate and want to replay go to this fmc page again and load the state you just saved.

When you then replay you will see the flaps out. Spoilers and reversers deploy etc.

Thanks , that makes sense, i just thought it would screw up the aircraft not being at the exact spot when loading the panel state.

Thanks.

FlightControl Replay v 4 is also working pretty good with B747-8 visually after a reload of the sim (saving the flight via p3D menu first). Its just the lights that has to be manually set  

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

LM seems to love to ignore the outlying obvious problems with the P3D Platform while for some reason focusing on the little tiny problems that nobody really cares about... look at the last few updates, the majority of them were on stuff like "virtual reality" ... like seriously.

• Upvote 1