Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Coolskys for P3Dv4

Hello,

I just want to give everyone a heads-up. Coolskys is planning on making their Super MD80 and DC9 compatible with P3Dv4.  There is no time-table for release, but it was said by Espen that he will be working on it very soon.

I'm excited to hear this because I enjoy both of these aircraft and have missed them in P3Dv3, so I'm really looking forward to having them again.

Bob

• Upvote 2

Hi Bob,

I am a HUGE fan of the Coolsky MD80 - would love to see it in P3Dv4 - however - Espen really needs to do some testing with WIN10 as well - as I've noted some people have reported it working on his site while others reported problems with older versions of P3D... Last I chatted with Espen - he's never used WIN10 so it makes it pretty hard for him to troubleshoot reported problems... Thanks for the heads up - I'll keep my fingers crossed !!!

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Heck, I  wish he would get it working in FSX on WD10. I own both birds but they're unusable now. Behavior is similar to the LVLD before they found their fix, stutters and freezing the sim.

Vic green

Great news. Leonardo Maddog not working at all in P3D , so the Super MD80 is the only hope for Maddog Fans. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I know I'm trespassing here as a FSXer in P3D forum but I just want to say I prefer Cool Sky to the Leonardo just for the interactive training feature, multiple pop up panels and FO. Matter of personal preference I know but I do wish CS would solve the Windows 10 issue.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Great news!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I love their DC-9. Having it in P3Dv4 would make me very happy as I don't use FSX any longer. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Well this is good news indeed. Love this plane (MD80) and it's been really missed as we've climbed the P3D ladder. I don't even mind if there's a small charge to make it work, as long as it's not accompanied by the usual Flight 1 customer hostility.

I'm still staggered at the attitude expressed by Flight 1 executives on this thread about converting the GTN 750 to P3Dv4 - http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-buy-now-or-wait-for-p3d-v4_topic57774.html

• Upvote 3

Oh my. I wish I hadn't read that link, Parping.

What has been seen cannot be unseen, and all that.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Apart from all PMDG Aircrafts the other airliners I like are the CS 727 and the Coolsky MD80

Happy to hear this good news.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Folks,

Yeah - had my own run in with "Jim" on "his" forum a while back and I am truly so easy to get along with - same tantrum and same locked thread - merely attempted to make a case to port their very expensive stand alone GNS "training" unit - - - to P3D/FSX priced accordingly for a sim - - - the funny part is - like six months after my locked thread - they did just that - LOL - without so much as a thank you... My first bad experience with Flight1 and seriously shattered their stellar image with me... Seems as if Jim is still Jim...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The good news is that no one is going to buy P3D software for V3, once PMDG/Orbx etc has completely migrated, so Flight 1 has to make the change to V4. They've already had two full price licenses for the 750 from me, so I'd be more comfortable with a free upgrade, but this is not the Flight 1 mindset.

• Upvote 1