Sign in to follow this  
Guest dre777

How can I setup new view perspective?

Guest dre777

How can one setup a view perspective of say 'someone' sitting on the wing of the aircraft, or sitting on the tail of the aircraft. I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I have active camera but haven't been able to figure it out. I've seen such views in screenshots and videos and so assume it is possible. Also, can anyone tell me how to setup a view of a bystander watching a plane land from the ground? BTW, I have read the manual and have searched the forums but must have missed something, or manythings somewhere.Best,Andre

Guest dre777

Ok, for landing I guess I can setup a 'tower view'from an observers standpoint on the ground, but how can I stick a camera to the tail of the aircraft?Andre

Guest Tophatter

Active Camera's preset views are for the virtual cockpit only. While you could use the VC and Active Camera to place your camera where the tail would be, you would not like the view as you would only see parts of your plane. The planes VC models are for looking from inside the aircraft out so only those portions of the plane that you could see from inside a plane would be modeled. I think the best you can do is the spot view holding shift and using the mouse wheel to set the distance from the plane.Bud

Guest Kingair315

There is also a program available called VIEWPOINT.exe (Bus) But it has radios in it, so you can listen to tower, approach, etc. It gives you a view from anywhere on the airfield. Just move it around by pressing -Y- like your aircraft. Set it by the tower, for a fiew like you are in the tower. Set view like VC, you can scan the entire airfield. Set it at the end of active runway to watch landings, or at the other end, departures, alongside the middle, etc... Save ; locations at your favorite fields in various spots. Only limited by your imagination.

Guest dre777

Thanks guys. Hadn't known about holding shift in spot plane view, and viewpoint.exe sounds quite useful, I'll give it a try. There has got to be a way to maintain a fixed distance 'external pilot' view for use in flight.Andre